I posted awhile aback asking for advice for a new amp... and I got many mixed responses. Well i have saved up around 400, until yesterday, my best buddy's brother said he was selling his B52 AT212 for 300$. I played with it for a day then I decided to buy it. So i got a B52 AT212, and hope to upload some new pictures soon(need to find my camera). It is in excellent condition, only played a few hours every weekend for about 1/2 a year. No external wear.

Well i have an extra 100+100 from birthday money. So with a total budget of 200 bucks, I am looking for a Multi-Effects pedal, (Ino their not the best but I think on a budget they will do).

At my nearby Guitar stores, I have narrowed it down to either a Digitech RP350(which i think doesnt sound to bad and I love the Drum machine) or their is a used Boss Me-50 for 189 at guitar center. I play mainly blues/metal but also clean stuff(John Mayer)
which of these two would you pick and why...
(I am not an extreme tone freak so its ok if it is a little digital, just not as much as my old Spider )
Id go boss for sure
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
ok thanks is their a reason?
I was thinking of going Boss but i loved the drum machine/usb of the digitech rp350
I'm not a big fan of Boss modeling, but I'd recommend the ME-50 over the RP350. The RP's sound very thin and harsh. Most Guitar Center's happen to carry your amp and both of the units you are looking at. When you have the time, take another trip over there and ask them to set you up with both units to play through a B-52 AT.
alright cool thanks... I was just wondering, are there any other mfx under 200 that would be good( i hated the floor pod for some reason)...

also if i was to go the single effects route, what would you reccommend, staying under 200 dollars? I already have a boss CE-5 chorus
yea, sorry lol. Boss makes good products and my guitar teacher uses that model for its versitility while teaching. Not familiar with the RP350 but a friend of mine uses a RP-80 and I wasnt overly impressed with it. I havent had the chance to noodle with the ME-50 at all but the controls seem very easy to use.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
haha noproblem...

also I am looking for something with some good soloing tones... blues tones.... modern metal (Bullet for my valentine a7x Trivium) also some GnR type stuff, RHCP and also John Mayer... so basically something that is all around...
yea that ME-50s very versitile just spend time noodling with it and find some sounds you like.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by gaga94
haha noproblem...

also I am looking for something with some good soloing tones... blues tones.... modern metal (Bullet for my valentine a7x Trivium) also some GnR type stuff, RHCP and also John Mayer... so basically something that is all around...

Wait, you want amp modeling?

Just my opinion, but that amp is more than capable of producing great tones. If it is effects (flanger, chorus, reverb, delay, etc.) you are looking for, that's may be an entirely different story.

4-cable method with the ME-20, if you just want effects.