Apparently, a recall for the Tiny Terror has just been announced. I just learned of the details over at the Orange Forum:

Here are the relevant details from an e-mail allegedly sent to a UK dealer earlier today:

==

Urgent Recall Notice – DO NOT IGNORE

Orange Amplification
Tiny Terror Head

We have become aware that some Tiny Terror Heads sold between October 2007 and August 2008 have a manufacturing defect.

The defect is in the transformer and may be unsafe. If you have any units in stock it is important that they are returned to Orange Music for modification immediately. Korean built units are not affected by this notice.

We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and assure you of our prompt attention at all times.

==

Bummer. But to quote someone on the Orange site: "Everything is cool, TT's are still awesome." I agree. Just an inconvenient bump in the road.

Now we get to find out what kind of service we'll get from our local Orange dealer. Thankfully, I got mine from in Seattle, and their customer service is the best in the business.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
i bought mine earlier this month
think it's affected?
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Who knows? You should probably contact your dealer after Thanksgiving. You don't want to take chances with a faulty transformer. I'm sending e-mail to the Seattle-area Orange dealer later tonight.

The e-mail I quoted from above said "some" units, so there's hope that they can identify problematic ones based on their serial numbers.

Where did you get your TT?
how do I know if mine is korean or not?

EDIT: Nvm it says made in Korea on the back I'm in the clear
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by jarudy
I'm the lead bidder on one and its from f-ing China. What the **** am I supposed to do...

Get it, send it in for the recall at your local Orange dealer.

I've been watching the market on ebay on these for weeks before making the plunge earlier this week and getting one with BIN. There is always one or two Korean ones up for grabs for $400.
From Orange site:
"I just got off the phone with Luke from Orange USA. I called him earlier this morning and spoke with him about the recall. He said it does not affect the 110V USA at all, only 220V Europe. He mentioned Orange UK would probably be making an official announcement today or tomorrow."
Orange you glad you didn't buy a Tiny Terror?

BA DUM PSSH
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Orange you glad you didn't buy a Tiny Terror?

BA DUM PSSH

sigged

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'm glad I did.

Official release from Orange:

Important European Union
Safety Warning

Orange Amplification
Tiny Terror Head
We have become aware that some Tiny Terror Heads sold between October 2007 and August 2008 have a manufacturing defect.

The defect is in the mains transformer which may be unsafe.

If you own a Tiny Terror head please check the serial number on the rear of the amplifier.

The affected models are clearly marked ‘Made in PRC’ and have serial numbers as follows;

L070910001 to L070910989
L071110101 to L071110854
L080210001 to L080210986
L080410001 to L080410406
L080810001 to L080810964

Please note the following points;
- Only units sold in the European Unit are affected by this issue.
- Units sold in the USA are not affected.
- Tiny Terror combos are not affected only Tiny Terror heads.
- Korean build units are not affected.

If you have an affected amplifier please stop using it immediately. In the UK please contact us at workshop@omec.com or on 0208 905 2828, outside of the UK please check our website for details of the distributor in your country and contact accordingly. Your amplifier will then be arranged for collection then modified.

If your amplifier does not meet any of the above criteria it is not affected by this issue and is perfectly safe to continue using.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Orange Music on +44 (0) 0208 905 2828.

We wish to thank you for your co-operation and apologise for any inconvenience.

Orange Music Electronic Company Ltd, OMEC House, 108 Ripon Way, Borehamwood,
Hertfordshire, UK, WD6 2JA
More proof that the US electrical grid and voltage is superior to the grid in Europe!

120 volts FTW!
Quote by timzee117
sigged

Hey, timzee117, if you're going to have my moniker in your sig, then I respectfully request that you do the following:

1. Change the word "Posted" to "Quoted By". All I did was quote an e-mail from Orange. Your version makes it look like I made the initial accouncement. I didn't: I was just the messenger. In fact, a more accurate quote would be to change "Armchair Bronco" to "Orange Amps".

2. Fix the grammar in the quote. The actual sentence is: "We have become aware that some Tiny Terror Heads sold between October 2007 and August 2008 have a manufacturing defect." But you've altered this. When you remove terms from a quote, you need to use an elipsis, like this:

"We have become aware that some Tiny Terror Heads...have a manufacturing defect."

Thank you for your cooperation.
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by Armchair Bronco
More proof that the US electrical grid and voltage is superior to the grid in Europe!

120 volts FTW!

I hope you know there isn't 120 volts in the grid. There is about 30,000 volts in the wires outside your house. The transformers take them down to 240 volt, stuff in your house like a washing machine uses 240 volts.
Quote by eurotrashed
I hope you know there isn't 120 volts in the grid. There is about 30,000 volts in the wires outside your house. The transformers take them down to 240 volt, stuff in your house like a washing machine uses 240 volts.

Sure, but the common household voltage in the US in 120 volts. In Europe, it is 220 or 240 volts. When I plug in my TT @ home, it goes into a 120 volt outlet (as I'm generally not using it next to my washing machine ).

The recall only affects transformers made for the 240 volt European market. So in terms of being a Tiny Terror owner, the use voltage is superior!

120 volts FTW!
The one I'm bidding on is from the US, so I hope its fine, reguardless of only European ones are affected. Hope to win it on Sat; wish me luck. (I hate my spider...)

Luckily, my tiny terror is an L0710...........!!!

I dunno why it's excluded from the recall though.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
It only effects the Chinese-made ones. Maybe it has lead in it or something

Don't lick it just to be safe
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7

None in the USA are affected either...
Quote by Gibshall
i bought mine earlier this month
think it's affected?

effected.
Quote by tona_107
effected.

It's affect in this case
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7

Mine is chinese-made, so I don't think ALL of them are affected. Check your Serial No. before sending your TT back!!

oh, and BUMP for those who don't know about this yet.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by tona_107
... I don't think so...but ok.

it's affected

that sucks about the TT, by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?