I have a Line 6 Spider III (75 watts), and I've been researching on the Valve. Is it really that much better (yes I know it has tubes)?
I don't have any experience with the Valve series but from the reviews that I've seen/read, the Valve series is significantly better than the regular old SS series... however, there are still much better amps out there for the same price.
Tinker Toys : Construction as Line 6 : Amps.

Oh sh*t. I brought out the MATH on that one. Someone had better appreciate (and understand) that one.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
As far as I know, the modelling engine thing is still all digital, but the digital signal is amplified by tubes... if that is true, then you could expect the tone to be basically the same at low volumes, and it'll sound a decent amount better at higher volumes...
Spiders= still overpriced for the tone they offer considering the alternatives.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
The valve spider is better than the Spider III, but it's still not a brilliant amp. If you want a modeler, get a Flextone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The valve is ok. Not gonna lie its actually quite versitile.

But it lacks the warmth of pre-amp tubes.

Yes... the digital modeler functions as the pre-amp section in the amp. The only bogner tubes in the thing are the power tubes.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
It is worlds beyond the spider 3 if that is what you are getting at. Having said that, finding an original tube amp that you like will generally sound the best, unless you happen to really enjoy the versatility of the modeling stuff.
Guitars
Amps
Vypyr 60 tube...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.