It has your typical cherry sunburst les paul finish, but with pickups that arent the classic type that you normally see on les pauls.
The type where you can see the two single coil pickups next to eachother.
It says epiphone limited edition on the back.
the tuners are obviously epi cuz they have the logo on them,
it has platinum hardware.
binding around the body and neck.
standard trapezois inlays.
it says gibson on the truss rod cover.
theres really no need for pics.
made in korea, and was bought used for $400(my little bros)
no pickgaurd.
A standard with the pickup covers removed?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
pics are kind of necessary, but it could just be a les paul with the pickups replaced, or it could be a les paul classic
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Yea pics and a serial number would be alot better. You could try going to their website and entering the serial number and it might tell you.
I got it!

It's an Epiphone Les Paul!

F*CK I'm good.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
serial no. I02041430
it cant be a standard cuz the truss rod cover says gibson(i guess it could have been replaced), but it says limited edition on the back of the headstock.
EDIT: pics tomorrow i guess cuz my cameras outta power.
older epiphone les pauls have the truss rod cover that says gibson on it. They still have 3 screws instead of 2 like a gibson though. http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx
if you enter the serial number here, it might tell you the model. I can tell you right now that there's probably not anything special about it, it's probably just a normal les paul. hope that helps
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Pics would be very helpfull. It could be any Epi LP but with Limited Edition on the back means it's has to be one of the better models. To me $400.00 for a used Epi is pretty pricey even for a Limited Editon but with out seeing it who knows. So far all we can tell from the serial # was it was built in Korea in 2002 other than that the # means nothing much.

I have a Limited Edition LP I can't identify either and I have had it for over a year. Unless you luck out and find an old catalog or listing these limited edition guitars from Epi can be tuff to find info on.

Usually these LE models can have much better hardware and pups than the regular release Epis. My Epi LP has Original Bill Lawrence pups my other V has Gibson USA pups both have Grover tuners right from the factory. The V I found out later was an Epi guitar of the month the LP still is a mystery. I did find out these LE guitars are set up here in the US as well.

Edit: Someone sent me PM with a link to Harmony Central review and I found my LP thanks!

Epiphone Les Paul Sam Ash OBL Limited Edition

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 1, 2008,