Wondering if someone can help me here, i got Farcry (1 not 2) today off a friend but have some issues with the graphics. my laptop is brand new (runs RA3) and more than meets all the system requirements, yet when i put the graphics preset onto medium all everything is all blue and foggy. if i put it on low then the ground looks blue and really messed up.
Anybody reckon they can resolve this issue?
cheers
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
You could try running it with windows 95 compability mode on, or an older OS combtibility. Alternatively, you might need to update your drivers for your gfx card.

If you want to change the compatibility, then I think you right click on the exe file and then properties and it should be there.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Farcry is AWESOME, great choice of game

Like Cpt.Jackass said, try compatibility mode, probably using Windows XP, since I assume you're using vista.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Can you tell us what kind of graphics card it has?
Run 'dxidag' in windows (through 'Run', task manager, or (WIN+R)) and list the specifics of your card listed under the 'display' tab.
uh its a Nvidia GEforce 9300m G graphics card, does that help?
tried running in compatibility mode, still had the blue terrain issue
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Quote by waddogg
uh its a Nvidia GEforce 9300m G graphics card, does that help?
tried running in compatibility mode, still had the blue terrain issue

Yep, you need to go on to the NVidia website and download some new drivers from there, your graphics card should be capable enough of running the original farcry.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
apparently my driver is already the most up to date version, is there maybe some particular piece of software that i'm missing?
Quote by Draken

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II