I know this shouldn't be this hard outta the AOR but I really want to nail it so help me out

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKqahP22NM&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HDv7560VuZ8&feature=related I really like this one
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
haha, im sorry but that is some of the cheesiest stuff ive ever heard. but everyone likes there own thing, and thats cool.
i would guess there using boosted jcm800s and superstrats.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I know it's kinda funny actually but I love the tone
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
haha its cool.
what do you play through now?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
My laney,

you probably didn't see my thread. I play through a laney AOR which is a JCM800 on steroids basically
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
well then it should be pretty easy.
a nice humbucker in a s style guitar should get you pretty close. maybe a boost on it to tighten the gain a bit, a fair amount of mids and treble with not too much bass should get you there.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I'll see what I can do thanks for the help I'll see what I can do I'll be back!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
good luck man
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
well I wasn't able to get a good 80s tone BUT while fiddiling I found agreat clean channel break up thats VERY much like clapton you throw an OD on it you have classic rock you switch to AOR you got the scorpions switch on the OD you got lead and metal
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
For a typical kind of 80's lead tone, you're going to need a fair amount of gain along with your mids and treble turned pretty high. The bass can stay pretty low.

A DiMarzio Super Distortion humbucker in the bridge may be useful. That pickup must have been recorded LOADS throughout the 80's.
To get that sound a chorus pedal will also help. In most of the 80's rock there was a fair amount of chorus and the clip you posted was no exception.