hi i wanted to ask a question? well i have a les paul'08 and i am considering to change the original pickups to "Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro humbuckers" i wanted to know what are the the pros and the cons of this pickup and also the pros and cons of the original pickup(Gibson Bustbucker Pro) Thanks for your time
Burstbuckers are great pickups, any reason you want to swap them out? If they have a metal plate over them, you could try taking it off, it usually makes them hotter.
in Fact i was asking because of that i know that slash uses them but i wanted to know what are the pros and the cons of the pickups and what changes in tone etc because i play rock, blues, metal etc.. so i wanted to know some facts before deciding something.
Well they're decent blues pickups... horrid for metal. I'm gonna say Duncan '59 or Jazz in the neck; JB (SH-4), Custom(SH-5)/Custom 5(SH-14), or Distortion (SH-6) in the bridge.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i say dimarzios X2Ns. but im a metalhead so dont listen to me
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Only get the Alnico Pros if you have a GOOD AMP. They're pretty low output and were meant to rely on the amp. If you don't have a good amp it's just not going to sound as you'd expect. You would be better off keeping the Burstbuckers in if you want hotter output and don't have an excellent amp.
I have alnico II's and they sound fookin' lovely through my pod (which definitely isn't a good tube amp).

I'd still stick with the burstbuckers though.

Top pups they are. Love them to bits.

In fact I'm actually thinking about swapping my duncans out for some.
The BurstBuckers are far better.

Wakisazhi said it all basically. Unless you have a top-quality all-tube amp that is generating all your tone then the Alnico II Pros are worthless. They are only for people who rely on their amp to give them all their tone, if you want natural overdrive or if you use pedals then Alnico II Pros are worthless.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yeah. Alnico IIs are ****e unless you have a sweet amp. There are no real cons to the Burstbuckers, though.
Leave the pickups on there, the stock ones are pretty kickass. Save the money for a vintage Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 if you want a Slash tone. More realisticaly, try a JCM800 or for a more vintage tone, a reissue Plexi.
If you want to change pickups for a sweet tone...
Duncan Antiquitys are pretty good, but maybe a bit pricey. Great PAF copies though. More realistically, the Jazz, '59, Seth Lover Model, Pearly Gates or JB will get you a great classic rock tone, although the former should probably stay in the neck.
And as ever, I think Bare Knuckle are incredible pickups that anybody should look into. The Stormy Mondays really get the Slash tone, although if you want something with more kick, the Mule or Abraxas models will do you nicely.
Quote by Cirorock21
hi i wanted to ask a question? well i have a les paul'08 and i am considering to change the original pickups to "Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro humbuckers" i wanted to know what are the the pros and the cons of this pickup and also the pros and cons of the original pickup(Gibson Bustbucker Pro) Thanks for your time

You already have decent pickups, there really is no reason to change them unless you're looking to play stuff that they don't really suit and that doesn't appear to be the case.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you shouldn't need to change the pickups. you won't sound exactly like slash even if you get the same gear and copy his settings because everyone plays differently and has their own unique sound which can't be copied exactly ("tone is in the fingers" etc).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.