I am considering this heavily as my parents gift to me for christmas. And I want to get a few things straight...

-It can only use 'effect' + 'reverb', right?
-Is MIDI hard to program? Is it hard to program this particular unit?
-What cables would I need to use it in the effects loop of my Valveking and to use the G-switch with it?
-Can you attach other effects, such as extra delay pedals, to the device? Essentially mixing the delay with the delay to get some atmospheric tones?
-Is it worth it? I really need a delay and reverb, but I could see the other effects being used quite a bit, as well, for originals and covers alike.
-Do I have to have a rack case, or can I just have it in a box and throw it on top of the amp when I'm using it? What would be wrong with doing it this way, if anything?
-How would you rate the difficulty of using this product on a 1-10, ten being the hardest?

I've also been looking at the Alesis Midiverb4 for the three simultaneous effects, but the price of a foot controller is what worries me with that...

Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated
Honestly, I'd skip on it until you learn more about MIDI and everything.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Honestly, I'd skip on it until you learn more about MIDI and everything.

I don't intend on ever buying a MIDI foot controller, or somehow putting it's effects post-recording.
I just need it for live use and for practice, would thatt really require that much knowledge of MIDI? The G-switch isn't even MIDI, and from what I understand the G-sharp is really just plug in, set up patches (albeit it could be confusing), and play, right? MIDI only involved in recording and with setting up a foot controller?
One suggestion is to go on the website and take a look at the instruction manual.

Are you getting the rack mount or the floor pedal? If you want the rack mount disregard the next few lines.

If you want a MFX floor pedal though id recommend the GNX4. I have one and if you like i can send you some patches or something to get you started. Its really easy to start out with with the preset patches and once you get down to learning about it, you can do anything with it.

If your deadset on the G-sharp, then get it and im sure youll learn it as you go. If you are still thinking about it, get the GNX4 and then get a sweet new amp or guitar with the left over money.
Quote by cloud_x_13
One suggestion is to go on the website and take a look at the instruction manual.

Are you getting the rack mount or the floor pedal? If you want the rack mount disregard the next few lines.

If you want a MFX floor pedal though id recommend the GNX4. I have one and if you like i can send you some patches or something to get you started. Its really easy to start out with with the preset patches and once you get down to learning about it, you can do anything with it.

If your deadset on the G-sharp, then get it and im sure youll learn it as you go. If you are still thinking about it, get the GNX4 and then get a sweet new amp or guitar with the left over money.

I have checked the manual, and the only mention of MIDI (which is worrying me) is with recalling presets in the MIDI foot controller? I don't plan to buy a MIDI foot controller, so that would void me from worry about MIDI right?

G-sharp is rack only... I've looked for pedals, trust me, but none have just effects with little coloration to my tone, and I'm not interested in single pedals too much.
I'm looking for effects only, not amp modeling. The GNX4 is $200 more than the G-sharp, as well
I'm not dead set on the G-sharp, I'm just confused as to whether it would actually be a good purchase considering I use all the effects (except vibrato), and my amp's stock reverb sucks (the unit replaces it).
Well, you don't need a rack case, standard guitar cables will work for putting it through your effects loop, I believe you can have delay and reverb on at the same time, it seems pretty easy to use, I'm sure there's a way to set up presets that you can click through with the foot pedal, although last I checked that foot pedal they make is discontinued...

And I'm pretty sure you cant* run pedals through it, but you could run it through the front of your amp and tweak around with it to see if you can get some things to sound the way you want them too.

I was thinking about getting one of these last year, instead got a G Major and I am experiencing problems, and getting a TC Electronic Nova Delay which is brilliant if not pricey.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Quote by Otnip
Well, you don't need a rack case, standard guitar cables will work for putting it through your effects loop, I believe you can have delay and reverb on at the same time, it seems pretty easy to use, I'm sure there's a way to set up presets that you can click through with the foot pedal, although last I checked that foot pedal they make is discontinued...

And I'm pretty sure you cant* run pedals through it, but you could run it through the front of your amp and tweak around with it to see if you can get some things to sound the way you want them too.

I was thinking about getting one of these last year, instead got a G Major and I am experiencing problems, and getting a TC Electronic Nova Delay which is brilliant if not pricey.

Thanks for the information

The pedal/rack combo on MF is $200, and it's down $150 from when I checked earlier this year. I was thinking, why not at least get some more info on it, it seems entirely useful.

I was considering just getting another delay pedal anyway, for when/if i need more delay, or delay behind one of the other on-board effects.
Do you think wah>fuzz>od>EQ>delay would have any negative effects alongside the G-sharp in the effects loop?

I hear Nova Delays are absolutely amazing, great unit from clips I've heard.
hey guys, instead of making a thread ile add to this one, and ask my own question

if your getting a g sharp, do you plan on leaving it on the same setting all show/song? because (correct me if im wrong) the only way to change channels on it is midi, or getting the 50 dollar controller for it.

does anyone know where i can learn about midi configuring? im getting a behringer foot controller and a g major, and i want an idea on how to set my footswitches.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
hey guys, instead of making a thread ile add to this one, and ask my own question

if your getting a g sharp, do you plan on leaving it on the same setting all show/song? because (correct me if im wrong) the only way to change channels on it is midi, or getting the 50 dollar controller for it.

does anyone know where i can learn about midi configuring? im getting a behringer foot controller and a g major, and i want an idea on how to set my footswitches.

I planned on buying the G-switch ($50) and switching via that... I'd set up presents for each song, and switch accordingly.
HAVE AT IT WITH THIS MIDI GUIDE
Last edited by dudey5691 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by dudey5691
I planned on buying the G-switch ($50) and switching via that... I'd set up presents for each song, and switch accordingly.
HAVE AT IT WITH THIS MIDI GUIDE

oh well yeah, then you can just do that. exept like someone said im not sure if its discontinued, hello ebay!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by dudey5691
I have checked the manual, and the only mention of MIDI (which is worrying me) is with recalling presets in the MIDI foot controller? I don't plan to buy a MIDI foot controller, so that would void me from worry about MIDI right?

G-sharp is rack only... I've looked for pedals, trust me, but none have just effects with little coloration to my tone, and I'm not interested in single pedals too much.
I'm looking for effects only, not amp modeling. The GNX4 is $200 more than the G-sharp, as well
I'm not dead set on the G-sharp, I'm just confused as to whether it would actually be a good purchase considering I use all the effects (except vibrato), and my amp's stock reverb sucks (the unit replaces it).

I thought u mean the G system...the one thats 1500 bucks lol

Boss makes MFX pedals without modeling tones. ME-20 i believe is one. If you want effects your gonna want to turn them off at some point. What effects do you want specifically?

Now for the the actual G sharp, it looks like your not really gonna have to mess around with the MIDI. Its got buttons on the face of it that control a good amount of the effects and software if you want more control over it.

The midi is if you want a midi controller like a foot controller or so like you said. I think later on youll wish you had one but then again i may be wrong. Setting it up looks like it will involve the software anyways so its a whole other beast.

Eitherway have fun
Quote by cloud_x_13
I thought u mean the G system...the one thats 1500 bucks lol

Boss makes MFX pedals without modeling tones. ME-20 i believe is one. If you want effects your gonna want to turn them off at some point. What effects do you want specifically?

Now for the the actual G sharp, it looks like your not really gonna have to mess around with the MIDI. Its got buttons on the face of it that control a good amount of the effects and software if you want more control over it.

The midi is if you want a midi controller like a foot controller or so like you said. I think later on youll wish you had one but then again i may be wrong. Setting it up looks like it will involve the software anyways so its a whole other beast.

Eitherway have fun

G-Force? I'd be like John Petrucci then!?!?

The ME-20 still has some modeling, and from what I've heard colors the tone a bit.
I really just want reverb and delay, but can see me using the other effects on the G-sharp for various song original and cover.

I'm not looking into any professional rig unless I change my major in the coming years, but I may buy the foot controller... then again, why just buy the foot controller when i could just buy an entire rack and foot controller with the money I'll be making.

Thanks
well
i checked out how to do midi by reading a behringer foot controller manual

it really really doesnt seem bad at all, its the same thing as setting something on your pod to your line 6 controller, for anyone who knows about that.

so, im going with the gmajor and that controller, and getting the money for it from my parents, brother, two sisters, moms parents, and my dads parents!
one thing, i found out theres a tuner on it too. =] but i was pretty pissed to see someone on youtube who has a seperate korg tuner with it. is that just because the tuner sucks on the gmajor, or he is a perfect example on why our american economy is falling beneath our feet?

flameshield!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
well

it really really doesnt seem bad at all, its the same thing as setting something on your pod to your line 6 controller, for anyone who knows about that.

so, im going with the gmajor and that controller, and getting the money for it from my parents, brother, two sisters, moms parents, and my dads parents!
one thing, i found out theres a tuner on it too. =] but i was pretty pissed to see someone on youtube who has a seperate korg tuner with it. is that just because the tuner sucks on the gmajor, or he is a perfect example on why our american economy is falling beneath our feet?

flameshield!

good stuff

For the last sentence, I'd have to go with the latter of the scenarios

**If anyone has anymore information on the G-sharp, that'd be greatly appreciated
Quote by ilovemySG
well

flameshield!

Worry not, the tuner on the G Major is perfectly fine.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Quote by Otnip
Worry not, the tuner on the G Major is perfectly fine.

thanks!
my plan is to sell my TU-2 and my Super Chorus ( SEARCH MY ADD!) and get some money to give to my parents for the behringer MIDI and then for the GMajor ( i want gears 2 though =[) haha, so thanks guys and sorry for riding this thread i owe you one.
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
thanks!
my plan is to sell my TU-2 and my Super Chorus ( SEARCH MY ADD!) and get some money to give to my parents for the behringer MIDI and then for the GMajor ( i want gears 2 though =[) haha, so thanks guys and sorry for riding this thread i owe you one.

quick question, does the G-minor hook up via MIDI cables or 1/4" cables?
you can run midi to well, a midi controller, and quarters to an amps front or FX loop
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
you can run midi to well, a midi controller, and quarters to an amps front or FX loop

Alright, just googled a bit, it plugs into the midi in/out on the Gmajor or g-whatever using MIDI cables.

I have to get the g-switch, though (that tuner on the g-minor was enticing me), because the G-sharp doesn't have a tuner built-in... oh well.

Thanks for the help