Right now i have a marshall mg50dfx. Yes i know, leave it out. However, i want to do something to improve my distortion especially on the leads. i don't really mind the distortion im getting now, but i want the clarity and still have that punch, so i was thinking of getting one of the two things mentioned in the title. i figure the invader is going to be a better investment for when i buy a better amp in the future, but i can always sell back the pedal if i buy it etc etc etc. I'm sure you guys can imagine all the ramifications...

I play a lot of blues, which is what i use the bd-2 for, and a decent amount of metal. I mean, i play a lot of stuff, but a lot of it on the rhythm pickup, i only like to use the bridge for bright tones or for screaming leads. but sadly, they're not screaming as much now as mewling, so....

So yeah, which would you guys recommend?

----------------
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss BD-2
Crybaby Original Wah
dont get either, get a electro harmonix metal muff there very versatile and give tons of EQ control
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
Amp, definitely. It's the biggest part of your tone. Anyway the Invader is muddy as f*ck. The guide stickied at the top of the forum says something along the lines of "it's worth it to just bite the bullet and buy a better amp instead of buying a ton of pedals to make your crap one sound good." so that's my reasoning.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Seriously, what you need is a new amp.

Although, if you are determind to stick with the MG for god know's what, then get a new pedal, that'll have more affect on your tone than the pickups.
Quote by oneblackened
Amp, definitely. It's the biggest part of your tone. Anyway the Invader is muddy as f*ck. The guide stickied at the top of the forum says something along the lines of "it's worth it to just bite the bullet and buy a better amp instead of buying a ton of pedals to make your crap one sound good." so that's my reasoning.

That is fair enough and valid. Like most people, I am not made of money. How good is a peavey valveking 112? im figuring on taking my marshall in and getting store credit for a 112. I have only played it a little, and i know you are supposed to play it and decide for yourself, but i was curious if there are any issues with it several months or even a couple of years into owning it. also, are there any other good value-for-cash amps at that price?
Valveking is good. But do yourself a favor, and get a Duncan Distortion (SH-6) for the bridge; it'll scream then.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Buy a new amp, then decide what pickups/pedals you need after you get used to it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
In all honesty changing pickus will probably improve clarity a little on the MG, but not the Invader - that thing is nothing but mud. Something like the Duincan Custom will probably help matters, just don't expect a massive change.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com