Alright Pit, I ask yee of thy guidance. I have a try out for my buddy's band sunday. They do that screamo metal stuff, I'm not a fan of the vocals, but what the hell does a guitarist care? Anyways, they have been around for a little less than a year, and their current guitarist is moving. So, I'm going to try out. I've been playing a year and a half, and I'm playing the song Through Struggle by As I lay Dying. My competition has been playing for 5 years, and he's a year older. Anyways, what's your advice pit? I know, don't suck, play good, but little day of and day before tips. Focus on playing standing up, focus on perfection, tempo, etc. Let me know guys!
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
Quote by keavader
Alright Pit, I ask yee of thy guidance. I have a try out for my buddy's band sunday. They do that screamo metal stuff, I'm not a fan of the vocals, but what the hell does a guitarist care? Anyways, they have been around for a little less than a year, and their current guitarist is moving. So, I'm going to try out. I've been playing a year and a half, and I'm playing the song Through Struggle by As I lay Dying. My competition has been playing for 5 years, and he's a year older. Anyways, what's your advice pit? I know, don't suck, play good, but little day of and day before tips. Focus on playing standing up, focus on perfection, tempo, etc. Let me know guys!

Don't bother being in the band if you don't like the music/vocals.
Quote by metaldud536
I agree. What the hell are you gonna contribute?

10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
I honestly think if you dont like ANY part of the music then dont join the band, it sucks playing music your not into
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Just relax, in all likelihood, you'll not land the gig, but it will be a great opportunity for you to get used to playing for others. Show up, play well, listen and respond to any comments they have, ask them afterward what they wanted to hear, and how they think you did, what they think you need to improve on etc. above all be respectful, polite, and confident; even if you don't get the spot, they will know and respect you and possibly recommend you to other bands looking for a guitarist. Who knows, you might be better then the guy, or he may not even show up, don't worry about what he's gonna do, just play your best and make sure to demonstrate to them that you'll be easy to work with and contribute to their music.
Good Luck!
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by sabres61

failed attempt at a burn
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Don't even try.If you don't like their music then there's no point in even auditioning
Can the burn guy stop now? It's really ironic.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by metaldud536
I agree. What the hell are you gonna contribute?

Easy there sweetheart, touch of exaggeration. I'm not a fan of the vocals, as in I don't sit and sing along with the screaming, but I don't mind it. But thanks for the "advice".

Thank you though, evilbeaver22, It's much appreciated. Anyone else?
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony