ok so here's my question. I have an Ibanez S320. i'm wanting to replace the pickups and i know for the bridge i will need an f-spaced pickup, but my problem lies with the neck. On the dimarzio website it's saying to get an f-spaced for the neck if you have a tremolo guitar with 1 11/16 inch or 43mm nut. When i measured the neck pickup pole piece spacing it actually came back roughly 1 15/16 inch or around 48mm which is not f-spaced. so i guess my question is is should i go with an f-spaced or regular spacing. if you have replaced you Ibanez S series pickups and you also have the ZR bridge please post telling what spacing of pickups you used.

thanks
andy
1 - having the pole-pieces directly under the strings is more a cosmetic issue than anything else. the magnetic field from the pole pieces spreads pretty quickly as it emerges from the ends of the poles. it really isn't all that important.

2 - if you're still convinced it's important to you, check the E to e spacing of the strings at the location where the pickup will be used. different manufacturers us DIFFERENT SPACING on their pickups, even when comparing F-spaced model to F-space model, or standard model to standard model.

diMarzio spacing is narrower than SD's for instance.

so giving advice about spacing is really difficult without knowing which brand of pickups you'll be using.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1 - having the pole-pieces directly under the strings is more a cosmetic issue than anything else. the magnetic field from the pole pieces spreads pretty quickly as it emerges from the ends of the poles. it really isn't all that important.

2 - if you're still convinced it's important to you, check the E to e spacing of the strings at the location where the pickup will be used. different manufacturers us DIFFERENT SPACING on their pickups, even when comparing F-spaced model to F-space model, or standard model to standard model.

diMarzio spacing is narrower than SD's for instance.

so giving advice about spacing is really difficult without knowing which brand of pickups you'll be using.

Thanks for the reply. As far as a cosmetic issue i'm not to worried. I will be using Dimarzio's. A PAF pro in the neck and an Evo 2 in the bridge. i measure from E to e and then the pole pieces. The pole pieces, from end to end, are just a bit bigger then the string spacing. I'm pretty sure now that i need a standard spaced for the neck but i will go and talk to a guitar tech. If he can't tell me then I'll go F-spaced just to be safe.