is there a website where people/bands/musicians rate other bands/musicians

I can't tell off the bat the best composers or the best technique band or musician is in my collection of music. I'm attempting to try and get influences from bands i like and i range from mudvayne to yngwie malmsteen. Mudvayne has sucky composing compared to Yngwie but it took me awhile to figure out both's song structure.

so again, is there like a website or something that specifically analyzes how good bands are at music? I know they get rated by popularity and record sales, but where do they get rated/ranked by musical ability? This will really save me some time and help me get going on writing songs.
i'll hazard a guess and say no, mainly because that's a pretty subjective thing to sort artists by, especially considering musicians may not play very complex music in a band but in their own solo stuff they may do some insane, blistering stuff
no but in the music world its not how technical or how simple a song is (sure it is to some) but really its what sounds good look at atreyu thiere songs are easy to play but they have a huge fanbase ppl like them cus it sounds good the most technical ppl look at joe satriani steve vai john petrucci u want metal or hardcore with technical look at protest the hero or the human abstract
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
not sure really but you should try www.digitaldreamdoor.com and click music lists on the left side of the home page, btw listen to Dream Theater everyone of the members is a virtuoso
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
Quote by Zappanator
not sure really but you should try www.digitaldreamdoor.com and click music lists on the left side of the home page, btw listen to Dream Theater everyone of the members is a virtuoso

I have to disagree the singer is terrible, in my opinion anyway.
i like the singer....he is a virtuoso though he was operatically trained
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1
no problem i love that site
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1
Quote by selkies
no but in the music world its not how technical or how simple a song is (sure it is to some) but really its what sounds good look at atreyu thiere songs are easy to play but they have a huge fanbase ppl like them cus it sounds good the most technical ppl look at joe satriani steve vai john petrucci u want metal or hardcore with technical look at protest the hero or the human abstract

for the love of god, PUNCTUATE.
its funny how you try to correct his english and when yours isnt even perfect. i got his message fine, no need to harass the guy
^ actually, i didn't correct him, and i never claimed to have perfect english. nor did i harass anyone

also, the best way to achieve what you wish to, is to expose yourself to as much music as possible, and make up your own mind on who you think is talented in a particular field. it can be a pretty divisive topic at times, depending on the artists involved.
Quote by selkies
look at atreyu thiere songs are easy to play but they have a huge fanbase ppl like them cus it sounds good

Its also because they are very commercial and heavily marketed