"Hey 'insert friend name here', I've been wanting to join a band and wondered if you need a guitarist"

Just go for it, no harm in asking. But why do they need 2 vocalists?
If the band is called "Divide The Sky", stay away from them. They're a bunch of rock star wannabe douchebags that'll eventually end up kicking you out like they did to their founding member.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I'm surprised they haven't asked you yet.
But if you don't wanna be needy go
"Hey, I see you guys suck, i'm a legendary guitarist and you would suck less with me"
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Just ask, it's not like they're gonna hate you because you asked if they wanted a guitarist.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
just use the grounds of "i like what yous are doing" to join, that way you sound interested rather than needy.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by ChevyChe 23
"Hey 'insert friend name here', I've been wanting to join a band and wondered if you need a guitarist"

Just go for it, no harm in asking. But why do they need 2 vocalists?

Because The B lood Brothers and Heavy Heavy Low Low are awesome.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
the answer is: you won't sound needy

besides if he's your buddy he should be cool about it anyway, friends can ask friends anything right?
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by Helloween_rox
If the band is called "Divide The Sky", stay away from them. They're a bunch of rock star wannabe douchebags that'll eventually end up kicking you out like they did to their founding member.
Hmmm... do you know their founding member?