Page 1 of 2
I've never seen one... and MMA is one of the biggest sports out there right now. UFC 92 is coming up Noriega and Mir are about to face off. Georges Saint Pierre is the reigning Welter weight champ. Who is your favorite fighter?

Make your predictions or ask questions about this great sport. What is BJJ? What is MMA? How can I defend myself in a fight? Get answers from me or anyone who's learned MMA of some form. What the hell is an arm bar? Learn here!
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
mma and ufc are two different things
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
Last edited by ocelott at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by ocelott
mma and ufc are two different thinga

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
university of fried chicken?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
No they aren't, UFC Is Mixed Martial Arts, we talk about UFC in the MMA thread.

rookie. mma is in ufc. as in pride. different rules though. there's a bunch of different org... this is, the UFC thread oh, and face palm to the no picture dude back. sigh... internet tought guys. love em'
I figured bad ass guitarists would be into this sorta stuff lol
well if there is... close this one. however, who better to host this than someone who's learned from the best.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

Who did you learn from?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
a gracie student/seal.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Who did you learn from?

who did you learn from? that's if... you do know anything. oh... and I also learned from real fights.

this was a boxing match. unfoutunately, we couldn't film our MMA fights. but I have these on video. this was a fight with a 255 lb 6'2 guy. I won.
Quote by ocelott
MMA is one of the biggest sports out there right now.

No it isnt
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
No it isnt

actually it is, and quickly growing
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by xander307
No it isnt

what is then? lol
Quote by ocelott
who did you learn from? that's if... you do know anything. oh... and I also learned from real fights.

Well, you said it and I was curious. As for my knowledge, I only practice Krav Maga and a bit of boxing but I do so at a great facility with a great staff. When I get comfortable with my schedule I will start BJJ because I've been interested and the head instructor has a great reputation. I haven't been at it for very long, but I enjoy it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Well, you said it and I was curious. As for my knowledge, I only practice Krav Maga and a bit of boxing but I do so at a great facility with a great staff. When I get comfortable with my schedule I will start BJJ because I've been interested and the head instructor has a great reputation. I haven't been at it for very long, but I enjoy it.

I box too
Quote by ocelott
what is then? lol

well I mean there are other big sports Football, Football(American), Baseball, Basketball.. to name a few.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
well I mean there are other big sports Football, Football(American), Baseball, Basketball.. to name a few.

we're talking about fighting here bro. MMA's taken over boxing.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
Quote by ocelott

UFC is a joke. Full credit to the guys for the training and endurance involved, but the mentality is a joke.
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by cody733

UFC is a joke. Full credit to the guys for the training and endurance involved, but the mentality is a joke.

say that after you've been in the cage buddy. or even in a real fight
Quote by ocelott
we're talking about fighting here bro. MMA's taken over boxing.

well you said it was the biggest sport out there, I named bigger ones, k bro.

edit: BTW quit double posting
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
well you said it was the biggest sport out there, I named bigger ones, k bro.

no... i said it was one of the biggest sports out there.
Quote by ocelott
no... i said it was one of the biggest sports out there.

and then whoever that other guy so no it's not and you asked what is.
grok it.

SKREAM!

27 posts and still not a favorite UFC fighter!?! Jesus.
Quote by ocelott
27 posts and still not a favorite UFC fighter!?! Jesus.

Anderson Silva, Happy.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by ocelott
say that after you've been in the cage buddy. or even in a real fight

Whatevs, you like it, enjoy it!

edit: also, boxing is real fighting, mma is all grapples and dry humping. sweet.
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by dubstar92
Anderson Silva, Happy.

Ah. man of great taste I must say. GSP for me.
Quote by dubstar92
Anderson Silva, Happy.
I love it
Quote by dubstar92
Anderson Silva, Happy.
Ugh.... but dude, you called soccer "football" lol I know... I know. That's what it's called around the world.
Quit the bumping of the thread buddy, Second time you've triple posted.

(I realise by posting this I'm bumping it too though lol)
Quote by ocelott
Ugh.... but dude, you called soccer "football" lol I know... I know. That's what it's called around the world.

I guess it's because I watch a lot of pemiership but whatever. But about fighting, I believe that wrestlers have a huge advantage because grappling comes so naturally, teach them boxing, some martial arts and a few submissions and they got it made.

and please stop double and triple posting, just edit the original.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by jmilli2
Quit the bumping of the thread buddy,* Second time you've triple posted.(I realise by posting this I'm bumping it too though lol)
Ooops. GSP, THE GREATEST.
Quote by dubstar92
I guess it's because I watch a lot of pemiership but whatever. But about fighting, I believe that wrestlers have a huge advantage because grappling comes so naturally, teach them boxing, some martial arts and a few submissions and they got it made.

and please stop double and triple posting, just edit the original.

Ah... i think otherwise. Boxers or Kickboxers adapt easier then wresttlers do to boxing. Seen it first hand. Look at Matt Hughes
Quote by ocelott
Ah... i think otherwise. Boxers or Kickboxers adapt easier then wresttlers do to boxing. Seen it first hand. Look at Matt Hughes

I dunno, except for heavy weights, a lot of fights end up on the ground, and being a wrestler myself, they feel right at home. Although being a wrestler may bias my opinion.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
I dunno, except for heavy weights, a lot of fights end up on the ground, and being a wrestler myself, they feel right at home. Although being a wrestler may bias my opinion.

def. but I think agility's a gift... strength almost always comes with it... compared to strenghth... it sometimes comes with agility. it depends I guess
Page 1 of 2