Hey all, checked out guitar pro, and would like to hear your thoughts on it for a newbie. Thanks, Will
great! its the best invention since the guitar. i recommend it i use it all the time
Quote by weewilly79
Hey all, checked out guitar pro, and would like to hear your thoughts on it for a newbie. Thanks, Will

I love Guitar Pro. It's nice for getting the timing right on solos that you are trying to learn from tab, and it makes it nice for learning rhythm parts that get hidden by the vocals at times. I also like to use it for jotting down the riffs I write.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
it has helped me a lot in music theory... Its so easy to get my ideas down. I just hit them in with the right beat... A lot better than trying to use tab paper

It's very good for getting the timing of parts as you can actually slow down any tab.
It is widely used, so there a lot better Guitar Pro tabs over Text or Powertab.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
^What they said.

You can slow down parts, a lot of songs even have the vocal melody tabbed out. I use it in songwriting, I'll throw stuff into there and sometimes it helps me "see" what I've done and where I can go. Also, I can add in a second guitar and hear how that sounds without having to bribe one of my friends to come over.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Is there anything in Guitar Pro that I'm missing by using Tux Guitar other than the 'true sounds' thing?
thanks alot all! As always, you're all a great resource. I will get it, and play around with it. Thanks, Will
Guitar Pro is truly amazing. Plus if you tab a song you know you've done it right, and it's absolutely ace for writing songs.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
well worth the money.

if you don't have it, you are missing out.

you get the timing right, you can slow it down, build up.

Its an advantage we have, that other guitar players didn't have years ago
Here's a way to get it for free. Just borrow the CD from one of your friends and download it. But DON'T sign up online. thewn you can use it, just can't update the version.