Page 1 of 2
I searched, but couldn't find this anywhere (google and on here). I've got this 1973 Ibanez Strat knockoff I'd like to tag a fender sticker onto (I'm not gonna sell it as a fender, don't worry) but I can't find any accurate fender stickers online. I was wondering if anyone had any links to or jpegs/gifs/bmp's of the Fender 70's logo that I could use. I'm sure other would be interested in this as well.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
don't put a fender logo on a ****ty guitar just to make your guitar look good, just leave it.
Theres a reason fender doesnt sell headstock logos. So that people cant convert squires, knockoff guitars and other brands into MIA fenders.
eBay.

They sell knock-off logo's that look REALLY good.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
the ibanez logo on those old strats look awesome
dont put a fender logo on it, that would be really stupid
Quote by guitarcam123
don't put a fender logo on a ****ty guitar just to make your guitar look good, just leave it.

this ****ty ibanez is a better guitar than anything you own.

The Ibanez logo was removed by the previous owner when they had the neck refinished, I used to have a decal on it that said, "Rosie," after a girl I once knew, but. That got old after a couple years. Now I just want to slap a 70's fender decal on there.

Quote by lp_std

see, I already searched google. And what I'm looking for isn't on there. I was looking for a 70's Fender Strat logo, not just randomly sized and colored, "Fender" pictures.
Last edited by Thomme at Nov 27, 2008,
So why not just put an Ibanez logo on it?

Check eBay. Logos pop up sometimes.

edit: You didn't look hard enough.

http://images.google.com.au/images?um=1&hl=en&q=fender+logo+decal&btnG=Search+Images

Also, ignore my PM.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Nov 27, 2008,
Fender and every other guitar company makes it difficult to get decals. So that somebody cant take a new MIM strat and make it into a vintage 70s strat by buying the decal from fender. In your case you want it for personal reasons but fender knows many want the decal for non honest reasons. Think of all the chinese "gibsons" being sold out there to the unwitting.
so... you have this ****ty guitar and you're about to pretend you have a fender... why not another decal? a customized one? or none at all?
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by TaV0
so... you have this ****ty guitar and you're about to pretend you have a fender... why not another decal? a customized one? or none at all?

Except for the fact that his Ibanez Strat is most likely better than some Fenders...
Weekend Warrior
Two people posted links to an a**load of Fender decal images on google and another was posted in the thread. Wow man what do you want really?
Quote by TaV0

I'm going to tell you the same thing I said before: this ****ty guitar is better than any you have.

Also, I did look on google, I found those exact same logos. They're 60's and 50's logos, I'm specifically looking for a 70's logo, and one that I'd be able to print onto a water slide with minimal fusss.
Quote by Thomme
I'm going to tell you the same thing I said before: this ****ty guitar is better than any you have.

Also, I did look on google, I found those exact same logos. They're 60's and 50's logos, I'm specifically looking for a 70's logo, and one that I'd be able to print onto a water slide with minimal fusss.

Geez.
And how do you know what those other people have?
Are you psychic?
Sure hope so cause you aren't going to get anywhere in life with your winning personality.

You want a 70's Fender logo? Then go buy a 70's Fender guitar and stop insulting people. Or go into one of your local music stores and take a picture of a 70's Strat headstock with the decal on it.
Apparently you are not proud of the fact that you have an Ibanez guitar.

One more thing...
From my perspective, my guitars are better than your guitars because they are mine.
From your perspective, Your guitar(s) are better than mine because they are yours.
I like my MIM Strat better than most of the MIA Strats I have tried out.
I like my Epiphone Les Paul Standard better than most of the Gibson Les Pauls I have tried.
My next guitar will probably also be better than any of yours (It will either be an SG, ES-335, or an Ibanez S470DXQM with an amber finish).
CodeMonk: He's not insulting them any more that they're insulting him. They're the ones coming out of nowhere accusing his guitar of being a worthless POS when it's highly probable that it's not.

However, I agree that it's pointless putting a Fender logo on it. I don't see the motivation, if not to brag about having a genuine Fender.
Youre loking for the easy way just buy the logo online. But that isnt going to happen as you said there are none on ebay. So if you want this logo so bad you will have to put some work into it. Or go with a different time period logo. And when you start with insults your thread stops giving answers and ends up an insult match.
Quote by Pikka Bird
CodeMonk: He's not insulting them any more that they're insulting him. They're the ones coming out of nowhere accusing his guitar of being a worthless POS when it's highly probable that it's not.

However, I agree that it's pointless putting a Fender logo on it. I don't see the motivation, if not to brag about having a genuine Fender.

Very true.
Its just the line " this ****ty guitar is better than any you have."
That really rubbed me the wrong way.
People making judgments of thats sort without know what the other side really has, IMO, a severe lack of maturity.

For all we know, one one of those other people may have an original Gibson 57 Goldtop (One of MY favorites).
Either we can all stop spamming this thread with petty insults and accusations or it can get reported. I'm sick of this. It seems like it's been happening more and more lately and I'm tired of reading it... So let's all just shut up, k?
You're right.
Sorry Jim.
I've just been kind of on the edge the last few days.
My Father is in the hospital and I want to go down and see him (He's almost 82), but I'm STILL waiting for a $500 check to come in so I have gas/food/etc. money to go down there.

I'll shut up now.
ok, so... IE keeps crashing and I've typed up long posts twice in a row with quotes and cites... but now I'm sick of it and I'm pissed as **** at outside factors: so here's the facts. Those two own ibanez and washburn guitars. They called my 70's solid ash strat with an original 70's Super Distortion a ****ty guitar, when in fact... AS A ****ING FACT: they do not own a single guitar that is a nicer, litterally nicer (sentimentally, they're guitars are better than mine to them: of course, but sentimentallity doesn't make my laminate wood epiphone better than TaVo's JTK), guitar than mine. They had no right. I got defensive. They called my guitar ****ty first.

I'm vain, so sue me. I want to make my nicer guitar than theirs look even nicer. I also hate working morning shifts and morning classes because I never wake up in time to do my hair and make sure that I look perfect before taking the stage. So sue me.

All I want is a picture of a Fender 70's logo that's correctly sized that I can just print off and slide onto my headstock. I don't care what you all think about, "image" and "honesty" on this one, I'm just vain, so bare with it. If you think my ibanez is ****ty just because you don't know what it is: that's great, don't be a dick and post poorly researched facts, unlike me: who took the time to look at what guitars TaVo and Billy Picklen had before retorting so caustically.
^ eBay.

What else do you want?

No one here is ****ing magical. Do some research, what you seek will turn up.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ eBay.

What else do you want?

No one here is ****ing magical. Do some research, what you seek will turn up.

there's usually some magical guy in all the threads with the awesome answer that trumps all. I'm waiting for that. You know? They guy with the link to the site that has accurate, size correct fender logos that you can print out, but it's not on Google because it's some messed up Czech site or something.
Quote by Thomme
ok, so... IE keeps crashing and I've typed up long posts twice in a row with quotes and cites... but now I'm sick of it and I'm pissed as **** at outside factors: so here's the facts. Those two own ibanez and washburn guitars. They called my 70's solid ash strat with an original 70's Super Distortion a ****ty guitar, when in fact... AS A ****ING FACT: they do not own a single guitar that is a nicer, litterally nicer (sentimentally, they're guitars are better than mine to them: of course, but sentimentallity doesn't make my laminate wood epiphone better than TaVo's JTK), guitar than mine. They had no right. I got defensive. They called my guitar ****ty first.

I'm vain, so sue me. I want to make my nicer guitar than theirs look even nicer. I also hate working morning shifts and morning classes because I never wake up in time to do my hair and make sure that I look perfect before taking the stage. So sue me.

All I want is a picture of a Fender 70's logo that's correctly sized that I can just print off and slide onto my headstock. I don't care what you all think about, "image" and "honesty" on this one, I'm just vain, so bare with it. If you think my ibanez is ****ty just because you don't know what it is: that's great, don't be a dick and post poorly researched facts, unlike me: who took the time to look at what guitars TaVo and Billy Picklen had before retorting so caustically.

Ebay dude...Click Me

That guy will do what you want.

Now. The main reason people get silly, is because what you are doing, is fooling yourself.

You want people to think your guitar is better, because it is a 70's Strat.

If you really must do it, then do it well.
You will not get a decent decal that you can print out, it will look sh!te. So, if you must be vain as well as a fake, do the job right and have the guy in that link make what you want.
Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by Skeet UK
Ebay dude...Click Me

That guy will do what you want.

Now. The main reason people get silly, is because what you are doing, is fooling yourself.

You want people to think your guitar is better, because it is a 70's Strat.

If you really must do it, then do it well.
You will not get a decent decal that you can print out, it will look sh!te. So, if you must be vain as well as a fake, do the job right and have the guy in that link make what you want.

thank you for a straight answer, you rock.
Quote by Thomme
thank you for a straight answer, you rock.

Your welcome.

I am the "magical guy" on another Forum on another subject, not quite on this one yet

Good luck.
Quote by Skeet UK
Your welcome.

I am the "magical guy" on another Forum on another subject, not quite on this one yet

Good luck.

well, you're the first person to not give me **** for wanting to put a differant brand logo on my guitar, a vague google search link that I already used or just, "ebay."
Quote by Thomme
well, you're the first person to not give me **** for wanting to put a differant brand logo on my guitar, a vague google search link that I already used or just, "ebay."

Well, I did actually give you sh!t, with the whole "vain fake" remark. But, it was required and I think you knew that anyway.

Imitation, is the sincerest form of flattery, but if you are to do it, then the work needs to pass for the real thing, which is why you should not cut corners.

Good luck Sir.
Thomme have you tried best-decals.com ?

While looking for something similar these folks helped me out.
cgman, you are a god. Thank you. They've actually got the original Ibanez logo on there, which I'm actually considering ordering, instead of the fender.
Yes do that for Christs sake, put the original Ibanez decal on it, putting a Fender decal on a guitar that is NOT a 70's fender, never will be and never can be, is just the lamest, stupidest, most poseur, retarded, boring and un-original idea in the universe.
I'm not going to flame you, or outwardly bash your ideas, but I'd say the most recent post you've made about the decal is probably your most sensible one.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Thomme
cgman, you are a god. Thank you. They've actually got the original Ibanez logo on there, which I'm actually considering ordering, instead of the fender.

you should do that
Quote by ClementWave
Yes do that for Christs sake, put the original Ibanez decal on it, putting a Fender decal on a guitar that is NOT a 70's fender, never will be and never can be, is just the lamest, stupidest, most poseur, retarded, boring and un-original idea in the universe.

Come on dude, don't hold back, tell him how you really feel...

I think I'm going to put the Fender logo on there just to spite Clemant... doesn't seem like the guy's made a nice post in his entire time on here.... but, I don't know, the Ibanez logo is a rare find, far rarer than the Fender and looks cool... Gotta think it over....

thanks for not being dicks, everyone.
Page 1 of 2