ok so everything in guitar center is 15% off at guitar center on black friday, and i want to get a more flexible amp for practice/future gigging. I dont care if its tube of otherwise, as long as it has at least two channels, each with independent eq, and an effects loop. I would like to keep it under 700 dollars, preferably more between 550 and 650 range. Got suggestions? Oh also i play a prs custom wich in the future will have a nice pair of seymour duncan 59's in it
Last edited by prsrulz91 at Nov 27, 2008,
Trust me, you care if it's tube or not You want tube
i would go for a Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1 (15w)
or
Egnater Rebel 20 (20w but would need a cabinet speaker)
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
if i read the post card i got, its 15% of LIST PRICE, which means nothing, as list price is always a lot higher than what the item usually goes for.

If i did read it right, save your money and don't make a rash decision. besides, everything will be gone within 3 hours of it opening. do you really want to wake up at 5 to get an amp you really arent sure about?

maybe i read it wrong.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Quote by Hirschberger
if i read the post card i got, its 15% of LIST PRICE, which means nothing, as list price is always a lot higher than what the item usually goes for.

If i did read it right, save your money and don't make a rash decision. besides, everything will be gone within 3 hours of it opening. do you really want to wake up at 5 to get an amp you really arent sure about?

maybe i read it wrong.

The coupon is for "15% or 10% off Guitar Center's Guaranteed Lowest Price," which means, the price it sells for in-store, not the list price.

TS, what genres are you going to be playing?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
mostly rock, some blues
i was thinking peavey valveking cuz it meets all my requirements, but ive heard that the tone of it isnt all that great
i wish the vox had the eq availability, else i would totally grab it
Quote by prsrulz91
mostly rock, some blues
i was thinking peavey valveking cuz it meets all my requirements, but ive heard that the tone of it isnt all that great
i wish the vox had the eq availability, else i would totally grab it

Peavey Classic 30 sounds like it would be right up your alley.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Peavey Classic 30 sounds like it would be right up your alley.

agreed. for good ole rock tones you want a classic 30.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
to me the distortion channel on the classic 30 sounds too gritty. did i just use bad settings when i tested it, or is it supposed to sound like that
and for the vox ac15, is its size a big hassle, or is it something u can deal with