Alright, those who know me will tell you a Les Paul Junior is one of my favourite guitars. Sure it has one pickup, but one was enough for EVH before he started playin the Wolfgang's, plus the extra wood that gives it gives a thicker sound, and the removal of the maple cap makes it a bit more balanced than a goldtop, and that gives it somewhat of a different tone, which I like. Anyway, I was intending to get one of the new Gibson Les Paul Jr.'s when they came out, but then I found a local shop marked down the Epi reissues(not the bolt-on ones, the set-neck ones) from $250 to $200. I've heard and felt great things about Epiphone's quality vs. Gibsons, and I have to say at that price point I'm rather tempted to buy the Epi.

Getting to the point, anyone who has one of the Epiphone set-neck reissues, can I get your take on it?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 27, 2008,
I have the bolt-on version, but I still love it to death.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Go for it. Buy the Gibson P-90. You're laughing. I'd do it. I have a friend who has the Gibson. It's average for the money.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
i dont see what the big deal is about epiphone. i have had a few 5 to 800 dollar epis and they were horrible for the price. i cant imagine what a cheap one would play like.
Nothing has it all

Bury the place Ive been

I fear theres a way out

Touch Of Red

In Flames

I have the bolt on version so can't help you specifically, but based on mine: Avoid like the plague.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I'd skip the Epi, and get a Gibson Melody Maker for just a tad more $$$.
From what I remember, I read threads about these Epiphone LP JR reissues and heard that they were pretty good actually.

But as long as you check it out yourself and like it, that's really all that matters. If you like it, I say go for it.
i don't own one, but i tried the epi '57 reissue (i assume that's the one you're talking about), and thought it was quite nice for the money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Same. I'm a fan of LP Jr's too and I was quite impressed. Change out the pickup though for a better P90 and you'll be set. A great beater guitar if there ever was one.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^ yeah. i mean, it wasn't as nice as an edwards/tokai/other japanese copy, but it was as nice to play, if not nicer, than the £300 epiphone les paul standards (which i tried on the same day, but not the same shop).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Epi LP Juniors are fantastic. Of course they can't compete with £2000+ Gibsons, but there's nothing wrong with them either - I guess they're just so simple, there's nothing there for Epi to screw up! My Epi Junior actually sustains longer than any other guitar I've ever played - even Gibson Custom Shop models. Tone's not bad either. I've modded mine with a coil split and a slightly smoother-toned pickup plus stripped the paint down and re-finished it with a slightly thinner finish, and sanded the neck right back down to the bare wood. It's been one of my mian practise guitars for quite a while now.

That said, mine is one of the regular bolt-on ones (so bear in mind tests have shown that bolt-on necks give better sustain than setnecks). I'd still assume the reissues with set necks are just as good (if not better).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'd go for it, but I'd get a Schaller all in one bridge/tailpiece for it simply because it has adjustable saddles.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Schwebel
I'd skip the Epi, and get a Gibson Melody Maker for just a tad more $$$.

id get neither, with stock everything the melody maker is really just paying 400 dollars for a name
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^