A couple years ago i took up an interest in rock and blues music,not because it was the way i felt i just liked it, but i never thought about it like that back then until i recently decided to take up trying to learn how to play guitar,a task at which i truely feel i cannot do.Heres why:as you saw i wrote just now i just plain love listening to this music i dont feel that way as expressed in the songs because im not very introspective and want to play music and i dont know if i really have it in me. Since i have realised this iv been very depressed and just feel like not trying now,my approach towards it 7 months ago was optimistic and when i first got it i had a nice strange feeling id never had before and a little later it faded away,and i would really like to know if anyone else has heard of visualisation techniques,because i can do this and imagine the feeling of said visual but the ones i have are very negative and i actually shiver when i think about it and i cant seem to visualize any positive ones.But a part of me says i can do this and i want to listen but for now im gonna take a break untill i can completely change my attitude. so i just wanted a little help if anyone can and i would really appreciate it alot,and have any of you ever felt this way?

p.s sorry its so long, i just dont have anyone else to help me,and i copy pasted this from another forum because noone would answer.
Just try, and keep at it. Don't expect everything to come easily and instantly, just because the musicians you listen to make it sound that way.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Just do exercises knowing you'll get better from them. Taking a break is the worst thing to do. Keep playing and eventually, you'll notice you're good all of a sudden.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Just try, and keep at it. Don't expect everything to come easily and instantly, just because the musicians you listen to make it sound that way.

Thanks, i guess your right.....atleast someone on this site can actually give an honest answer...