Page 1 of 2
There have been loads of conspiracy theorists debating the possible existence of UFO's and extra terrestrial life forms, however many choose to dismiss these theories due to laack of evidence. Perhaps the UFO phenomenon is only a THEORY.
2008 has been an... enlightening year in a manner of speaking, concerning UFOs.
Aside from an increase in reports of UFOs, there have been a number of incidents worth taking into account.

- Nick Margerrison, presenter of The Night Before on Kerrang! radio, did an interview with Edgar Mitchell, the 6th man to land on the moon. In the interview Mitchell stated that aliens DO exist, and have made contact with "us" several times...

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=804160

- In May this year, in the skies over Birmingham, UK, there was a mid-air near miss involving a police helicopter and an unidentified flying object. The pilot claims that evasive manouvers needed to be employed to avoid the collision. This UFO flew in close proximity around the helicopter, and then dissapeared. Onboard the aircraft were two other officers, who also claim to have seen the lights.
The pilot assumed it to be a radio controled, fixed wing aircraft; however the British Model Flying Association ruled out this possibility, saying that it was opperating at an altitude that would not be attainable by a minature craft.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3497602/Police-helicopter-avoids-colliding-with-UFO-report-claims.html

- Secret files of UFO sightings have been made public for the first time by the Ministy of Defence.

- On 25th June a soldier reported seeing 13 UFOs flying above the military barraks where he was opperating. This sighting came two hours before police officers reported encounters with a huge craft 80miles (128.75Km approx.) away.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1336870.ece

So i put this forward to you, not with the intent of forcing you to beleive in UFOs and extra terrestrial life forms, but to debate the possibility of being on the verge of a breakthrough with this phenomenon. A question that has been asked for years on end. Are we alone?

So go ahead. I actually want you to punch as many holes in these stories as you can. Lets see if we can come to a conclusion as to whether or not these stories are legitimate.

Also, what would the world be like if we had solid proof of an alien existence? There would be a new threat from the skies. A threat from, possibly, limitless numbers of far superrior races and civillizations, whereby our current technology may be powerless to defend our planet against such sinister threats.

Could this cause a global alliance? Maybe even an inter-planetary, or gallactic alliances? possibly push our scientists and engineers to new heights? Any question is relevant, even though it might be impossible for us to answer, it might be interesting to discuss or debate?

EDIT: Sorry about the wall of text

tl;dr punch holes in theories, how would the world change if there was solid proof of extra terrestrial existence...
To all the villianous insects who preach their slanderous, dupliciticious loathing; to each beautiful walking laceration who made me weep and bleed ... I hope you choke

ROCK ON DUDES
Last edited by WyldeRaven at Nov 27, 2008,
Using The Sun as a source = instant loss in credibility.

I wont deny the existence of extraterrestrial life, because it woule be arrogant to say that we are the only planet to hold life, but I doubt UFO's are anything but secret government or military test airplans.

Little green men visiting Earth is unlikely at best.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Whoa, cool thread. I personally think there's others out there...though I don't know how the governments of the world could keep it a secret for so long, especially in 3rd world countries. I don't really have an opinion on UFO's...there's too much the government won't tell us to make a call.
Nope, no sig here.
keep in mind that UFO still means "unidentified flying object", which also includes unknown MANMADE aircraft.
There are so many planets in the universe it's ridiculous for us to think we are the only living organisms in the universe.

Also there was some scientist who did an equation and worked out that just in our galaxy there are 10,000 planets that could have life forms advanced enough to contact Earth.

Have they visited Earth? I doubt it.
One way to punch a hole into some stories (the way older ones) is the fact that people claiming to of been abducted always descibed the aliens as having technology that was just emerging at that time. like 50 or so years ago "abductees" would be describing the aliens as having futuristic tape decks and such. i'll post more tomorrow maybe.

i've read lots of books about this stuff, and it really interests me.
So what if aliens are real. If they were proved to be real what difference would it make to our lives? None.
I think the same as most I assume, I would be ignorant to suggest we are the only life in the entire galaxy/universe (I cant remember which was biggest) because lets face it, we only know our individual solar system, which is one among millions and millions. But at the same time im not a huge beleiver of aliens coming down to earth and making themselves known etc. But who knows...meh.
Quote by jmilli2
So what if aliens are real. If they were proved to be real what difference would it make to our lives? None.

A valid opinion, but definately debatable.

If the govornment has missile bases constructed on borders, the "star wars project" to combat any inter continental missile strikes, produces nuclear weapons for defense, and there is still no such thing as world peace, i think it is entirely plausible that world leaders would become paranoid about an attack from space if there was any solid proof.

The knowledge that aliens do exist could potentially have an enormous impact on everyones lives...
To all the villianous insects who preach their slanderous, dupliciticious loathing; to each beautiful walking laceration who made me weep and bleed ... I hope you choke

ROCK ON DUDES
I like many in this thread, believe it would be arrogance to assume that we are the only life forms in our galaxy, let alone the universe. However, when you take into account the sheer scale of galaxys and the universe, and how minute the earth is in comparison, the odds of alien life forms coming here are very slim.
Well since the universe is infinite, the possibilities that another life form exists are also infinite. So it's bound to happen sometimes.
Quote by Rokeman
One way to punch a hole into some stories (the way older ones) is the fact that people claiming to of been abducted always described the aliens as having technology that was just emerging at that time. like 50 or so years ago "abductees" would be describing the aliens as having futuristic tape decks and such. I'll post more tomorrow maybe.

I've read lots of books about this stuff, and it really interests me.

That would probably be because they couldn't truly comprehend what it was and so tried to liken it to something they recognised.

I've always found this an interesting subject but I'm not decided either way.
Last edited by Ziggums at Nov 27, 2008,
^^^ that's true. the main problem is, well there HAS to be something else out there, but there's no rock solid proof that there is any nearby, apart from sightings and people claiming to of been abducted.

Though the Roswell incident, and the supposed government coverup of that, well... it could of been aliens.

If we make contact with aliens, i sincerely hope that they're friendly.
What if WE are the most advanced form of life in the universe? That's just a thought

There's gotta be life out there, the universe is just way too big for there not to be

But on a lighter note, I'd like to ask this question. Do you think they have weed on our planets? That'd be pretty cool. I heard a song about that a while back

A long time ago in a far away galaxy
Alien dope fiends ran out of the weed
So they built a ship with a cannabis radar
Before they left, they hit tokes with Darth Vader
Who told em of a planet where the bomb **** grows
And hydroponics is a science that everyone knows
So they set out on a mission to a planet called Earth
On a never ending quest to get their herb

There on a never ending quest to get high
It's a weed war and somebody's gonna die!

So humans start to trip and cause mass hysteria
There's a skunky funky smell in the Roswell area
51 ships have landed, they've been commanded
To snatch the herbs that we've planted
But you know they didn't count on a counter attack
And I never leave home without a fat sack
So I grabbed my 9, gram bag and kind
A lighter and some papers, it was all I could find
Went to headquarters to grab some big old glass
With the intention of smoking some alien GRASS!
Last edited by metalhead39 at Nov 27, 2008,
I also wonder how many other humans are in the universe besides the ones on Earth.
Quote by Freddedonna
Well since the universe is infinite, the possibilities that another life form exists are also infinite. So it's bound to happen sometimes.

lol but the universe is not infinite....just extremely big and getting bigger
Quote by The Spoon
I also wonder how many other humans are in the universe besides the ones on Earth.

I wonder the same thing sometimes. I would love to know if there is a planet somewhere out there that is almost exactly like ours that has similar creatures.
I doubt there are any other creatures like the ones on Earth. Earth happened to be the perfect distance from the sun to support the kind of life that grows on it now. Any variation in distance from the sun, mass of the Earth, the moon, or anything would change (or destroy) life on this planet completely. The odds that there are other creatures exactly like us in the universe seem small to me.

However, I completely believe that there is other life out there. Probably even more intelligent than ourselves.
Quote by slap-a-bass
lol but the universe is not infinite....just extremely big and getting bigger

There's no definite answer to that as of yet.

Aliens do probably exist. Let's remember, though, that even at the speed of light it would take them thousands of years to get to us. Unless they are able to employ the use of wormholes--assuming they exist--they probably would not make it to u.
Quote by Spamwise
There's no definite answer to that as of yet.

Aliens do probably exist. Let's remember, though, that even at the speed of light it would take them thousands of years to get to us. Unless they are able to employ the use of wormholes--assuming they exist--they probably would not make it to u.

Honestly, there is so much about the universe that we do not know. Perhaps other life forms have found ways to cover vast distances relatively quickly? I don't know, just a thought.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Youre watching that show on Fox News arent you?
I dont believe in aliens. The air force is constantly running secret tests that they cant tell the public about. I think it's just a plane.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by kurush
Honestly, there is so much about the universe that we do not know. Perhaps other life forms have found ways to cover vast distances relatively quickly? I don't know, just a thought.

The speed of light is as fast as you can go. There would have to be some other way.
I hate when people use the word theory incorrectly.

Though finding an alien spaceship poses an interesting dilemma, at least to me.

Assuming one alien space ship is found, and it most certainly is an alien spaceship, then what could this mean for the scientific method? The results most certainly aren't repeatable our stance would no doubt change to having evidence for at least one alien civilization. How would other fields of science be affected if we accepted one-off, anomalous, unrepeatable results?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
To answer the question, life on Earth likely woulden't change at all, except all those drunk rednecks who got 'abducted' would suddenly have a shred of credability. There would be the same wars, the same strife, and the same misguided views.

At best we would be annhilated quickly after some religous zealots tried to convert the aliens and various governments tried to commendeer their technology, rather then enslaved.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
*Tin foil hat*

I personally welcome our new Alien overlords.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
If there were aliens out there, we'd probably go space truckin'. Lololololol.

/bad joke
I've never been too big on DP, tbh.
Last edited by Spamwise at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by Spamwise
I've never been too big on GNR, tbh.

I like them. They wrote Stairway to Heaven.
Yeah, but apparently when you play it backwards it says something about Joseph Smith, and everyone knows that Mormons are crazy
Quote by Spamwise
Yeah, but apparently when you play it backwards it says something about Joseph Smith, and everyone knows that Mormons are crazy

Brigham Young got into some crazy shenanigans.
Quote by CoreysMonster
keep in mind that UFO still means "unidentified flying object", which also includes unknown MANMADE aircraft.

most man-made aircrafts are known lol. i would doubt unknown man made aircrafts would live up to the descriptions that witnesses give.

heres my opinion about the "how would proof of UFO's impact the world:"

if ample, irrefutable proof of aliens existed I think maybe the public would go into a panic but only for a brief time. I dont see the public going into a long term panic over proof of UFO's.

As far as scientists go, they will obviously conduct research and what not. But I would highly doubt an 'inter planetary alliance' occurring. It would take a very long time in my opinion for humans on earth to start communicating with aliens. This would require us to have to learn to communicate with them or them with us. We as humanity are far more concerned with learning their propulsion secrets and weapon systems and stuff like that.

I also think that inhabiting another planet will never happen. The conditions for life to exist may easily be found on other planets, however the elements and resources needed to sustain life probably arent there. especially the size of the population.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Brigham Young got into some crazy shenanigans.

polygamy ftw
Quote by Spamwise
The speed of light is as fast as you can go. There would have to be some other way.

Then slow down the speed of light. /futurama reference

I doubt anything can be as advanced as humans. However, I do not doubt the existence of aliens. And be aliens, I am referring to simple organisms and not little green men. If there were incredibly advanced aliens, I am sure something would have happened by now.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I doubt there are any other creatures like the ones on Earth. Earth happened to be the perfect distance from the sun to support the kind of life that grows on it now. Any variation in distance from the sun, mass of the Earth, the moon, or anything would change (or destroy) life on this planet completely. The odds that there are other creatures exactly like us in the universe seem small to me.

However, I completely believe that there is other life out there. Probably even more intelligent than ourselves.

I guess you don't understand just how big the universe is eh
There's a documentary, I believe its called "Phoenix Lights"
its about one of the most obvious UFOs to ever reach earth, it is seen on video, in pictures, and there were several thousand eye witnesses
It also shows how the government tried to cover it up, saying things to make it seem like BS
For instance, they made a statement that only a few people called 911, but they had a 911 operator in the documentary state that she actually had a fuckload of them

It gets a lot more interesting then I made it sound, its completely in depth, go ****ing watch it
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
BILL HICKS QUOTE THAT IS BARELY RELATED TO THIS ENOUGH FOR ME TO WANT TO POST THIS GEM:

'You know all that money we spend on the military ever year - trillions of dollars? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.'
- Bill Hicks
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Page 1 of 2