I'm generally a confident, outgoing person and I've done like debating and drama and shizz and don't get too nervous, but I can't play music with anybody else watching.

Like, I play saxophone and I was warming up before band and I was doing really well and this girl in front of me goes "wow" and turns around to watch be and I just started stuffing up and then she turned around and I did heaps better and then she turned around and well....you get the point

And I play guitar and bass and my friends know that so like whenever there's a guitar or bass around for whatever reason they're like "oh go have a play" and I pick it up and just forget like...everything I know. Or like I'll start playing something and then think "nah that sounds stupid" and start playing something else and be really hesitant and it just sounds stupid

anyone else get like that?
no but i cant piss when anyone is even in the same bathroom with me. even in the stall, so get over it it could be worse.
I'm quite the opposite; I'll play for anyone who wants to listen as long as I can think of something to play but talking to new people, speaking in front of groups and all that stuff makes me seriously nervous.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I was a bit like that a few years ago, but now I'm pretty "whatever" with stuff like that. People watching me doesn't bother me much, and I don't care if I screw up anyway.

Life is frakked up enough as it is; being worried about people's perception of you isn't going to make it any better.
I generally get great marks for music performances on guitar, but I honestly can't stand the sound of it most of the time. I have a little trouble, but not too much anxiety in performance.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Isnt that called stage fright? It seems pretty common.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
I play music better around other musicians.
Forgetting everything you know could be caused by some abnomality in your brain..
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
I just play the same... I do still think I suck tho, whilst others say that I rock
so I don't play for other ppl that much, just for my girlfriend once in a while
I'm wierd, i will play almost the same, but i shake ALOT.

If you wern't listening, it would sound passable, but if you watch me, my hand just has constant siezures, i've learnt to control it sometimes, like i can just stop the shaking, but other times it's annoying.
my ahnds get sweaty when i play around other people, therefore inpairing my playing ability slightly
Last time I was on stage I had to stop my leg from shaking. A friend kindly helped me out by kicking me down =/

Prick, he is...
Quote by NigelLawless
I'm an airline pilot with a good salary and go on regular kayaking trips with my cousin.

Oh okay.

and to TS i'm the opposite really, i'm not great at speaking infront of lots of people etc. but i don't get nearly as nervous at all when i'm playing infront of people and I have no idea why that is.
My finger's on the pulse
(but where's the beat?)
Happens to me occasionally.

Sometimes, its just that i dont play as well in front of them. But it doesnt happen often.
Quote by ZeBubba!
Isnt that called stage fright? It seems pretty common.

but i can make speeches and be fine
its just music i suck with
That, sir, is when you close your eyes, and ANGUS YOUNG the living **** out of your audienece.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by NigelLawless
I'm an airline pilot with a good salary and go on regular kayaking trips with my cousin.

Good for you. Lolwut?

Quote by wombifat

You need to realize that they're exactly the same thing; there really is no difference between giving a speech and playing a song, it's all just noise.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by wombifat

Sometimes I get a bit of stagefright before I fly an international chartered flight because I'm worried that I might do a bad take off or I will get hijacked. I also sometimes get scared when I'm kayaking because there might be sharks in the water.
Quote by wombifat

youve been speaking for most of your life, id imagine your pretty good at it, when it comes to music you havent been doing it as long and your not as comfortable with it.
its only recently i can play in front of people and not get nervous.
although i get faint before i play a show, thats diff though.
I too am an airline pilot with a good salary and go on regular kayaking trips with my cousin
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
I too am an airline pilot with a good salary and go on regular kayaking trips with my cousin

Oh is that you James?! When are we going on our next kayaking adventure cuz?
Quote by cocacolabottle

You just made me ROTMFLMFAO.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by cocacolabottle

NO WAY YOU TOO?!?!?!? i though i was the only one!

I get shaky and get butterflies if i don't know the person TS,but i still play Good,and Sax is awesome!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
yup, i can talk in front of a zillion people, but give me my guitar and i dont want to play in front of my family.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
i used to be really uncomfortable with people watching me play. i suppose i would still be nervous if i were to perform again, but i would care less about what people think, so i would play with more confidence.

e.g. i used to lose 90% of my playing ability when trying out a new instrument; now i realise that other people aren't really listening and don't care anyway.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Yeah I'm the opposite too. I can play guitar for anyone, but I have a hard time approaching people. Playing guitar can usually get them to approach me, so it's great!
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Just start practising a few pieces, and then ask your friends to listen to you play them for their opinion, then start asking random people in the band, etc.

you'll lose the nervousness of playing in front of people - especially if the piece is not fully prepared yet and you just want opinions, play in front of 1-2 people is way harder than playing in front of 500+, trust me on this one.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

I'm the same. I would describe myself the exact same way. My fear comes from the fact that I've been playing less than 2 years and I think I pretty much suck.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
Same. I've gotten pretty good at faking it though. The trick is using double stops and palm muting.

EVERYONE will think you're good doing double stops and palm muting.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by cocacolabottle

lolwut?

Anyway, yea I don't play so well in front of people. Probably I'm still very much a novice. I get this "shake" in my hand if someone else asks me to "play" something for them, lol.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by NigelLawless

typical pit monkey?
I Play almost perfectly when Im by myself, but When somebody else is in the room I mess up to beat hell. It even happens when Im trying to record myself on my MP3!

And today I went to a Pawn USA and there was this Kid (3 Years older than me, Playing guitar 5 times as long) Fricking shredding this guitar he was trying out, And basically blew everything I knew out of the water. I sat down next to him and played a bit, and I found myself A bit Better on some things but alot worse on others, So overall I think My Playing was hindered. I cant have people looking at me play.
Quote by FFTLxx
I play music better around other musicians.

OH MY GOD, THIS.

I don't know why, but it's the same deal for me too. Probably because when I do, I'm not trying to impress anybody, just trying to groove along (that is, if they're playing too).

And if they're better than I am, I can get some constructive criticism or some "try this."
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST