Hi,

today i got my guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Std) back after 3 weeks waiting, and after opening the parcel i saw instead of repairing it, they just replaced it with a another one.

So i wanted to check the serial number if its a new one, but http://www.guitardaterproject.org couldnt recognize it so i wonder if someone here can help me out with it.

serial: 080531192 it also has a sticker on it made in Indonisa

thx
put EE in front of it, like this:
EE080531192.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
This is from Gibsons website. According to this your serial number should have a letter in front of it that tells which factory it was made in.

Epiphone Serial Numbers

Most regular production models since ca. 1993. Many '80s and early '90s serial numbers may follow a similar scheme,
but may not include a factory ID code.

FYYMMRRRR
F= Factory code (this can be 2 letters as well)
YY= year of manufacture (this can also be just 1 digit for '90s models)
MM= month of manufacture
R= ranking number (may be more or less digits, not necessarily indicative of total units produced)
Example - S02021234 was issued in Feb. 2002.

Another code used on some current Epiphone models
FYYMRRRR
F= Factory code
YY=Year of manufacture
M= This will be a letter code corresponding to the month (A=January, B=February, etc...)
RRRR= ranking number
Example - R03D0263 was issued in April 2003.
thanks, with ee in front it works.
i wasnt sure if it was real, because like zakkwyldefan79 posted i thought the serial should start with a letter