Yesterday I posted the first song I ever wrote, and today i'm posting one of the more recent ones.

This is just a short prog metal instrumental (no solos), i'm going to be honest and say straight out that I pretty much stole the ending from someone on here, I can't remember who they are, but it was a phrase in the middle of one of thier songs and I thought it would work well like this, and so I wrote this song.

Either way, please listen and tell me what you think. Cheers everyone.
Attachments:
Instrumental.zip
Last edited by lukephillips000 at Nov 27, 2008,
Wait.. where is it?
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
That's nice, pretty brutal at some bits.
Do you by any chance listen to Protest the Hero?
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
That's nice, pretty brutal at some bits.
Do you by any chance listen to Protest the Hero?

Haha, good guess man, I was pretty much hooked on those guys while I was writing this. Went to go see them a 2 weeks ago, met them and got Fortress signed, win.

Anything more to say on the song?
I liked it overall, although i'm not a very big fan of hard core changes in time sigs... it's just me, I don't like overly jumpy songs. But the work here was pretty excelent and reminded me ALOT of protest the hero!
I intentionally came to this thread after seeing the PTH in your sig, as I just posted something really PTH influenced. And yeah, I can definitely see the PTH in this. Especially the alternating 4/4, 15/16 that they do in Bloodmeat, plus a couple other things. Sorry this won't be very detailed, it's 5 30 in the morning.
First riff is good but nothing special to me. Kinda just random.
Riff at bar 7, very PTH. I love it, especially the time change.
I dig bar 12.
Riff at bar 15 just kinda feels dull and blurry. It's like you just clicked randomly in a scale. Actually, looked again and it's not even in a scale, not that that's important.
19 is pretty awesome
22 is just dull filler again to me.
Outro riff is pretty epic but it doesn't feel finished.

There are quite a few good parts, but it doesn't flow well to me.
That crit would all probably be a bit less harsh if you had the drums written. I'm not complaining, I avoided writing my own drum parts for a really long time.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184881
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Aug 18, 2009,