Hey!

So I got my new ESP LTD JH-600 today, its great but, the pickup selector(switch) isnt on the guitar, it was among the other stuff (tremolo etc) , What I mean is I cannot switch pickups because the switch aint on the guitar and I cant put it on the guitar, it keeps jumping off, I can change the pickups if i mess around with the switch, but it will eventually jump out of the guitar again, maybe I have no idea how to put it on the guitar , and I would like to know does this mean something is broken or its ment to come sepereatly, cause Im thinking about taking it to my local music shop and get it fixed.

Any suggestions would be appriciated!
Thanks.
the pickup switch it supposed to be screwed onto and attached to the the guitar and the wires connected to the pickups.

Do you mean the little cap that is stuck on top of the switch?

it might be a little loose and can be stuck on with something sticky.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the switch is completely off, like the place where the switch should be , theres just a hole, the switch has the black little cap on what can be screwed off and then on the other side there is some white plastic thingy on the switch, but the switch is completely off the guitar, the place where the switch should be , next to the volume and tone controls, there is just a hole.

The pickups work like they are supposed to, but just the switch next to the other controls/buttons is off, the one that goes 3 ways, middle , bridge and neck pickups, its completely off, theres just a hole. When I try to but the switch in , it wont go into properly, I can switch the pickups but it will come back off like as soon as I point the guitar downwards or just let go.
Last edited by Mazujev at Nov 27, 2008,
are you using nuts and washers to hold it in place?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Bump, if anyone has any suggestions then please help me out, am I supposed put it on there somehow, or is it broken? If I can't fix it myself , I will take the guitar to a local music store.

EDIT: I tried screwing it on and thats not how it works, there are like 2 ends inside the hole and the switch has 2 holes on both sides in the middle. I have to get the switches holes into the 2 ends in the guitar, its hard to explain, especially since I don't speak English very well, but I don't think its broken cause it came in a small bag with the guitar and the switch was off the guitar right out of the box. Is anyone familiar with this system , cause I am not able to screw the switch into the whole.
Last edited by Mazujev at Nov 27, 2008,
that's broken.

should be all one piece, like this...

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

definitely need a new one. they aren't expensive though so no worries, easy fix.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Wow, thanks for the replies , that is extremely stupid , the guitar came out of the box like that, and its a high dollar guitar too , ordered it from Thomann, well im going to the guitar shop tomorrow then, get it fixed. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by Mazujev
Wow, thanks for the replies , that is extremely stupid , the guitar came out of the box like that, and its a high dollar guitar too , ordered it from Thomann, well im going to the guitar shop tomorrow then, get it fixed. Thanks for the help guys.
contact Thomann. they should send you a new guitar or agree to pay for the repair.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I thought about that but I really dont want to go through all that again since it already took 2 weeks to get the guitar because of some really stupid reasons, I guess im just not lucky, how much does the new selector cost and can I fix it myself or should a professional do it?
a switch, like in the picture will take about a week to get to your house, and cost about $10.

then you'd need a soldering iron, which is another $10 or so.

you would heat up the iron and swap out the switch, repplacing the wires one at a time.

or you can take it to a shop and they might charge you about $25 to swap it out.

but, they also might hold the guitar for a few days. so you'd have to ask.

if it's going to take a while, or if you were going to replace the switch, you might as well call the company, get a service rep on the phone and see if they can compensate you in some way, or send you a new switch, you can take with you to the shop.

they might want to do that, rather than pay for the shipping both ways.

anyway, i'd call and complain, offer to send them pictures.

ask them to find a way to make it right.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ok, but if i go to the shop do I need to have my own switch, or should guitar shops sell them/have them, so I wouldnt need to order it from somewhere? Sorry if Im asking stupid questions , I just havent encountered these problems before.
a good guitar store / repair should have some in stock.

i just meant, that perhaps you should get a free replacement from the company that sold you a broken guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, I think I would get one, I called them up and they said I should send some pictures, but I really want to get it fixed fast and if the shop has some of those switches in stock I'll just get it fixed. I doubt they sent the guitar broken, it probably broke during the shipment but thanks for the replies, im going to the shop tomorrow and see if they can fix it.
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
ok well at least show them the bill after it's done, maybe you'll get a store credit.

or at least, having an extra switch laying around isnt the worst thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62