I'm not sure if this goes in bass or if it's more general music, but what notes don't exist on the scales we use? I've heard it's F#/Gb and B#/Cb, but I just wanted to make sure that's true.
b# and E# dont exist.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
b# and E# dont exist.

Technically, they do. Every note "exists", we just don't name them that way very often. They're all enharmonic, so E#=F, and B#=C.

That's what I've heard anyway...I may be wrong...heh
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
The notes still exisit, but:

Fb is simply E, E# is simply F, Cb is simply B, and B# is simply C

Depending on the scale, some may use say, Cb instead of B, I can't remember which scale has an example, but I'm sure someone will either beat me to this post or have the scale that does after.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by herby190
I'm not sure if this goes in bass or if it's more general music, but what notes don't exist on the scales we use? I've heard it's F#/Gb and B#/Cb, but I just wanted to make sure that's true.

it depends entirely on the key you're playing in. Different keys have different notes. Of course there are pieces of music with the notes you've listed in them. B# sounds the same as C, Cb sounds the same as B, but in different pieces of music you might play something notated as B# or Cb, it certainly does happen.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Nov 27, 2008,
They all exist how else would you play something in C# Major or a diminished F chord?
yeah if you see Fb/Cb/E#/B# it's to avoid confusion - that way if you had a sequence that went C-C#-C-C#-C-C# and you notated it, you wouldn't need 3 #'s and 3 natural signs, you could just write B-C-B-C-B-C and the key signature would tell you to play B#'s and C#'s
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!