right, so for a while ive been needing to buy a decent amp. I have decided on the Line 6 Spider III 30 watt. Before i go off and buy this with my christmas money, is there a better amp i could get thats at least 30 watts for £100-£150. I play mostly metal and acoustic.

PS. Dont use this tread to bitch about Line 6 Spiders
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
I started with a Line 6 Spider 3 30....Love it....tonight just brought one of the Line 6 Valves 212 but yea that was $1600 lol soo yea spider 3 great too start just make sure you get the channel foot pedal changer thing!
oh lord
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Spiders are pants - people bitch about them because they're pants.

Get a Roland CUbe or a Peavey Vypyr.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Are you getting the Spider b/c it has effects built-in? If so, the effects don't sound too good. In any case, the Peavey Vypyrs are getting great reviews, and the 30-watter costs just as much as the Spider III 30 (in USD).
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922869-i1413606.gc
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
^This. Seriously, Spiders are the worst amps I ever played short of First act and no-name 1x5 combos.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by superkal1

PS. Dont use this tread to bitch about Line 6 Spiders

Okay, there is a reason people bitch about spiders and its becuase their ****! I am good friends with the owner of my local guitar shop and he has let me play on many different amps and spiders are by far the worst of the lot. Frankly I don't even know why people even consider them after all the bad reviews. Get the vypyr 30W, you'll be far far happier, i promise!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
I have a Spider III 15 watt, and its not bad, but if you have a pedal you want to hook up to it(at least on mine) it sounds like crap.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Try the Vypyr 30 it's better than the Spider III. When I bought my Vypyr I tried the Line 6 Spiders too and the Vypyr sounded alot better. Trust me and give one a try.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
I have a Spider III 15 watt, and its not bad, but if you have a pedal you want to hook up to it(at least on mine) it sounds like crap.

How long have you actually played guitar and how many REAL TUBE amps have you played...

To TS; I have a spider 75w and really LOVED it at 1st, then I played some real amps and listened to my amp when I played it compared to the better ones and realized that I had just wasted my money. Please don't waste your money, buy something that will be worth it.

When many, many, many people give it bad reviews, don't be stubborn and try to prove them wrong, because most of us have played one or many spiders and some of us have wasted their money because of terrible re-sale value.
Get a Roland Cube or a Peavey Vypyr. Spider III's aren't to great. I mean...if you're just practicing on them...then they can be okay. But generally they kind of sound bad.