...its my girlfriends birthday today and i've recorded one of her favourite songs, Accidentaly in Love by Counting Crows. I want to give her it on a CD, but would MP3 go onto a CD? or would it need to be a WAVE file?

x

PS: Any ideas for designing the cd would be welcome
Well do you want the CD to be playable in CD players or do you just want to give the recorded file to her?

If you want to be able to play the track off the CD with a CD player, you need to burn the song onto the CD with something like Nero or if all you got is Windows Media Player, it can do it too.

If not, just copy the recorded file, go to My Computer (with the CD in your drive bay) and drop it onto the CD drive.

You shouldn't waste a CD for one track though.
ok, thanks, i used itunes instead of WMP though. and yeah, i realised that, i put 3 others on it too, but too many seems a bit excessive, like you have too much time on your hands. plus i think 4s a pretty cool number.
MP3 will work with a CD if you burn it, but you'll lose a little bit of sound quality compared to burning from a WAV.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Burning to a CD doesn't lose any sound quality. Converting to mp3 does.

If you have a choice between *creating* a final product that is a wav or an mp3, and your end goal is to put it onto a CD, then wav is the way to go.

If your end product is already an mp3, you burn it to a CD just like anything else. Make sure you are burning an audio CD and not a data CD, though.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Ah, should've been more clear. Thanks Axe.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101