how dare you discontinue the firebird vii
its an amazing and beatiful guitar that gives an awesome tone
how could you discontinue it?
if you discontinue the custom model i'll burn your little memphis factory and nashville
and then i'll kill your bloody executives

i cant believe they've discontinued their best guitar after the lp standard
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
i have always thought about getting a gibson but i have played a light fender i hear gibsons are heavy guitars...not that i couldn't get used to it but i hear wearing it a while is tiring.
there only good for beer...not guitars lol

edit...i forgot about belgium waffles
I wanted to get the Voodoo Explorer but they discontinued that series too. They probably didn't sell too well though.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Jeez, a Firebird VII is one of my dream guitars. Good job gibson.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
they still do a custom shop model in lots of colours but to get that i'd have to win the lottery or sell myself into slavery, which i probbably would do if i could get one of those

If they discontinued it, my only thought is that they'll bring it back, to what they think is better. They might add some Robot technology in it as well(Cause apparently, Gibson is all about the new innovative guitar. Which I don't blame them, they practically invented the electric guitar).
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
if they do though it wont be the firebird vii cos thats god the maestro
i'm just glad the custom shop model is still there
but knowing gibson they'll be retards and stop that one aswell

always get used on ebay but now discontinued prices will go up better get quick alot of companys will bring guitars back if they get enough requests for them or somebody will come out with there own custom make of it and they will sell it so doubtfull thats the last...
Quote by xphrygianx
always get used on ebay but now discontinued prices will go up better get quick alot of companys will bring guitars back if they get enough requests for them or somebody will come out with there own custom make of it and they will sell it so doubtfull thats the last...

i'm in england and theres only one on ebay which i cant afford right now
i'll check if any american ones will ship to england

hopefully they'll bring it back with locking tuners, strap locks, more finishes etc

I love the Firebird =[
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
They're not fully discontinuing it. It's being re-designed with some of the new methods that have already been applied to the 2008 Les Paul Standards.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by stradivari310
Jeez, a Firebird VII is one of my dream guitars. Good job gibson.

Same here.

I swear, Gibson is complete suck now.

We should start a petition, to bring back all the good Gibsons (i.e. Firebird VII, LP Classic, etc.).
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by MrFlibble
They're not fully discontinuing it. It's being re-designed with some of the new methods that have already been applied to the 2008 Les Paul Standards.

Most likely tonepros hardware, body chambering and quite possibly an asymmetrical neck profile.
Damn, why don't they just introduce a new model instead of trying to fix what ain't broken? If it's broken, why doesn't QUALITY CONTROL take care of it?
Gibson are screwing up.
They need to put that pretty looking lyre tailpiece on some of the standard SGs, but maybe not as a trem. Maybe just as an extravagant stoptail. and I want the good old finishes back! You just don't find a blue Les Paul or Vintage White SG anymore, besides the Custom Shop.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by Rock Pig
Most likely tonepros hardware, body chambering and quite possibly an asymmetrical neck profile.
Damn, why don't they just introduce a new model instead of trying to fix what ain't broken? If it's broken, why doesn't QUALITY CONTROL take care of it?

1) Because Gibson's Quality Control doesn't seem to exist any more.
2) Yeah, all of that stuff. Likely to do the frets with that new Plek system too and I wouldn't be surprised if they ballsed it up with some nasty new finishes.

and I want the good old finishes back! You just don't find a blue Les Paul or Vintage White SG anymore, besides the Custom Shop.
I can't stand Vintage/Antique White finishes, but I agree on the blue LPs. You can't get regular LPs in 'normal' finishes like blues, red and so on anymore. Do we really need 3-4 different variations of yellow-brown bursts when the onyl two solid colours are gold and black?

Urgh. I don't know why I rage at them anymore. In this last year or so Gibson have shot themselves in the foot so many times I suppose really we should just expect it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

Urgh. I don't know why I rage at them anymore. In this last year or so Gibson have shot themselves in the foot so many times I suppose really we should just expect it.

Next up, we'll get some "innovative" new shape.
Like an upside down SG.
I dunno. I'd quite like a Marauder or Blueshawk reissue. Or maybe an Epi Coronet.
But I bet they reissue a disaster like the Corvus instead.
There needs to be a new Gibson. I mean, Tokai's copies are still pretty good.
It's because Gibson got enough advertisment from Guitar Hero, that those kids are going out and buying Gibsons, regardless. And if they can afford Guitar Hero, you bet most of them can save up for a Gibson. Gibson doesn't need to try anymore, its guitars will sell regardless. It doesn't help that the magazines are given the better ones to review, either.