Hey UG. This Christmas I'm getting a Schecter C1 Hellraiser (maybe other body shape, but whatever). I am also getting a new amp to replace my fender frontman 15 watt, which is also the first version of frontmans which completely and utterly suck. So I want to know for around $300 max, or maybe a little higher, what a good amp would be for playing stuff like Metallica, Slayer, COB, Iron Maiden, bfmv. 15-75 watts I guess would be good.. Also this will be with EMG 81tw/89 because I heard they have good cleans.
one of my buddies has a peavey vypyr and it sounded alright but with a $300 budget I would say save a little more and buy a used tube amp you will be happier in the long run. You might be able to find a used valveking for $300 and I would say valveking+od is better than the vypyr.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Thanks for the replys, I have checked out the vypyr and I like it, but I heard the pinch harmonics on it are bad? If so then it's really out of the question.
Quote by Ssw706
Thanks for the replys, I have checked out the vypyr and I like it, but I heard the pinch harmonics on it are bad? If so then it's really out of the question.

That's utter bollocks - the only cause of "bad" pinch harmonics is crappy technique.

And ffs stop bumping your thread.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
get a new amp for christmas, then buy a new guitar. we don't know what kind of gear you have, but that's usually the first step into getting a good sound. for metal tones, check out a used 5150 or 6505. they're right about the same range as a hellraiser.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Ok, right now I have an Ibanez GRG170DX... The reason I mainly want a new guitar is because this thing wont stay in tune for more than 10 minutes. I've had a third spring added to it, still won't stay in tune. This in combination with my ****ty fender frontman make for horrid buzzing sounds even when I don't have any distortion on.
Quote by Ssw706
for around $300 max, or maybe a little higher

My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A