I'll be completely honest when I say that when it comes to guitar processors/effects I'm a complete n00b. I've heard good things about this POD thing though, especially for the style that I play (Death/Black/Thrash metal). But what I'm wondering is if it's really as good as people say it is. If there is something of better quality, by all means say so because I know literally nothing about guitar processors. Nothing above 200 please.

This is the one I'm considering:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Pod-2.0-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor?sku=150448
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I am just as much an effects n00b- hah.

But, I have what I think is the next step up- a Pod XT.
I got it in Like new condition from Daddy's junky music for 200.
I think It has many more options than the 2.0, and for the same amount of money, you cant go wrong
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
Well what I really want to know is if there is something better out there, if it's good for my style of music, etc. But thanks.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

yeah of course, just wondering if im making a mistake when there is something that could be a better price and better quality
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Well it really depends on what FX you are actually going to use. I mean In death and thrash metal, there are not too many FX you'd probably use, save for grotesque amounts of reverb.
A lot of people buy Multi-FX processors thinking they are going to use all these things, but in reality they never do.