My dad says that he'll buy me any guitar from six hundred to seven hundred dollars, as long as it "doesn't limit me to one type of music." (i.e. supposedly a Rhoads would limit me to hardcore music)

Any help?
Check out my music, if you please.
for well rounded-ness i would say the PRS se custom. i've played it and i enjoyed it. it has a nice warm sound to it, and it can get really nice cleans as an added bonus. btw its 600
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Ibanez rgr421exfm = win i got mine for 515 and it plays anything i want it to.... hell i even play it in church 0.o
~Defiant~
Gibson has a Faded SG for around $550-600 or 700. Very nice guitar, very well rounded for the sound, too. I play anything from metal such as Black Sabbath to bands like America and Bruce Springsteen, and it can do it all. Very nice guitar.
Last edited by king_diamond at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by GuitaristXakk
(i.e. supposedly a Rhoads would limit me to hardcore music
Definitely not. The Rhoads has nice cleans.
Um, and RR3 definetely doesn't limit you to "hardcore" music. Trust me.

On topic now, a PRS, a Jackson (non MG-series, i.e. DK2[M]), an Epiphone, or a Michael Kelly.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by king_diamond
Gibson has a Faded SG for around $550-600 or 700. Very nice guitar, very well rounded for the sound, too.

This. I have it and i love it. It is very versatile, can play pretty much any style.
maybe a strat?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Strats are very nice, but I personally favor SGs. I own three American strats and two Gibson SGs, and for the price, the Faded SG is very beautiful aesthetically, but it also sounds very nice. Very nice cleans, good tone, can get heavy too. Also, it's lightweight as anything. Strats are very versatile, though.
Quote by GuitaristXakk
My dad says that he'll buy me any guitar from six hundred to seven hundred dollars, as long as it "doesn't limit me to one type of music." (i.e. supposedly a Rhoads would limit me to hardcore music)

Any help?

Well a rhoades does not limit you to hardcore music. It is a very nice well rounded guitar and the seymour duncans have a really good sound from metallica to chuck berry and back. I recommend a jackson dinky a dk2 if you like single coils also with a humbucker. or a dk2m if you like two humbuckers. i own a dk2m and it is great love the duncans and great well rounded sound.