Looking for a new amp, find it hard to decide between them having played both. The roland has the long term fanbase, but the vypyr seems to have better features. Want something that will do cleans and heavey metal (black/death) distortion.

The other thing is the foot pedal for the vypyr looks pricey where as the cube you can use a simple two switch pedal which is much cheaper.

Ideas guys??? Thanks in advance

By the way I only need it for bedroom small flat playing
Fender Texas Special Strat
PRS SE Singlecut
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
Vox VT30
I've got a Vypyr 30 and I think it's a great amp for the money. I plan on getting one of the Sanpera pedals when they're released. The smaller Sanpera pedal is only gonna cost $80. A single pedal cost that much or more so that's not a bad deal. I've never played the Cube 30 so I don't know about those.
i think vypyr, i played the cube, and it sounds like a vox ad30vt, terrible
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Vypyr imo, its fan base is growing rapidly btw.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Try both of them out before buying. A lot of people around here recommend them, so I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
yeah i have played both, al that puts me off is some people say you can hear a hum when the amp is idle. Not sure about this. They both sound good.
Fender Texas Special Strat
PRS SE Singlecut
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
Vox VT30
Quote by turkish_bathmat
yeah i have played both, al that puts me off is some people say you can hear a hum when the amp is idle. Not sure about this. They both sound good.

If you have a guitar with single coils, you'll hear a hum when the amp is "idle". That's why on Fender Strats (like the one I have), if you put the switch in position 2 or 4 where 2 pickups work together like humbuckers or something like that, you don't hear a hum.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer