hi!!!
basically, today i was talking to my technology teacher today about A level Courses (i'm doin GCSE's atm) an what i could do as a project. then i had my idea. its a guitar, but it has no input jack. instead, i thas one of those radio mics and a dongle that you plug into your amp. my teacher said it would be a good idea, and then suggested using wi-fi instead. he also said that if i did it i should enter it for the young engineers award (basically an award that says you'rre good at designin an making an stuff) since last year someone won with a guitar an a built in speaker... so i was wondering if it was possible and how much wood i would need to make a telecaster look-a-like guitar and how much woods would cost. thanks in advance (Y)
cheers m8. i might use it, but since i live in the uk im not sure about using it.... thanks tho

if i do end up doin it, ill send you the whole portfolio if you like with circuit diagrams so if you like you can do your own
Quote by ohspyro89
Don't buy from warmoth, especially body blanks. You can get them for half that.

where from? im looking at the tele deluxe style bodys that are already machined out, can you get theose cheaper?
PM LPaddict. He's probably your best shot. He's like half of Warmoths prices
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
if you want a premade body, go to www.allparts.com, pick out the one you want and PM me. i'll give you 25% off the advertised price

only problem is US to UK shipping/duties suck from what i hear...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
thanks, i might take you up on that. if only they did a pre routed tele deluxe.... oh well, if i do it myself, i can put it in as evidence later
Quote by ohspyro89
Don't buy from warmoth, especially body blanks. You can get them for half that.

Sorry had no idea It was the only one I knew so thought it was pretty much a one way option Don't mind warmoth then!
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by LeviMan_2001
wow cool idea! wait so whats picking up the sound here? regular guitar pickups or a "radio mic" whatever that is that you said?

As I read it, the pickups are not mentioned, it sounds like a cordless guitar, without the option to have a chord apparently, which is the point of the thing
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
ye you've pretty much nailed it. it'll have a larger cavity under the scratchplate and then have a sorta raido mic built in, but the battery can be easily accessed because ill put a cover on the back
http://www.tonewood-supplies.co.uk/
http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/#
http://www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk/ttindex.html
http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.co.uk/
http://www.luthierssupplies.co.uk/

those are all based in the UK and do body blanks
and
axesrus.com
for most of everything else you need
good lukc man it sounds wicked.
I'm doing A Level Product Design at the minute. Don't bother buying a body blank. 1/2 of the grade for DT is practical work. You'll score loads more marks if you actually make the body. It isn't too hard, you just have to make sure you have all the markings for the bridge in the right place. Measure twice, cut once.
Its Getting Better All The Time
Quote by sam-sg
I'm doing A Level Product Design at the minute. Don't bother buying a body blank. 1/2 of the grade for DT is practical work. You'll score loads more marks if you actually make the body. It isn't too hard, you just have to make sure you have all the markings for the bridge in the right place. Measure twice, cut once.

cheers m8, i'll look and find the templates when i need to. just a quick questions to everyone though, is it hard to route an ordinary telecaster body to a telecaster deluxe body?
put a jack on it as a back up, wireless systems have a habit of packing in when you least expect it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
no. the bridge and pick guard will cover it up, surely?
While i think about it, it would be neat if you took telecaster and other guitar designs, did a survey to find who likes what (rig it so that people chose the tele) and make a guitar that is very very similar to it. Then you arent working from plans as much. You'll have to for the bridge but thats easily explained in the folder work. This will all score you more marks.
It's a good idea though! If you take your time, you'll definitely get an A.
Its Getting Better All The Time
Wifi? your teacher doesn't have a good grasp on things does he?
Wifi would just overcomplicate things, your much better off with YOUR idea.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I dunno if its possible but with the radio mic couldn't you attach the output from the guitar pickups to the input of where the microphone would go?
Quote by LP Addict
shipping a body blank to the UK costs me 63 dollars. the one piece mahogany/sapele blanks are 60 bucks, so ~$125

thanks mate, i might message you for one at a later date