Page 1 of 2
Not the worst guitar in the world. But the most ordinary typical guitar on the planet. I would have to go with the DK2M. The most dull would be the Brian May Signature gives me a headache.
Brian May Signature? Dull? Come now, if anything, it's only because nobody looks as bad ass as Brian wailing away on it.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Fender Strat Sunburst is the most ordinary guitar in my opinion. I don't know what you mean by dull.
Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner....
A Telecaster.

I still love 'em though!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Black Stratocaster with a white pickguard...

It doesn't matter how popular or nice it sounds... It's boring to look at.

The most exciting is probably some version of a razor back with stupid graphics of flames or rusty metal on it.
Most stratocasters are completely bland looking. almost all the off brand strats are bland sounding as well
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Most stratocasters are completely bland looking. almost all the off brand strats are bland sounding as well

yeah, i look at strats in shops and i just go "meh"
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
superstrat style bodies. im not a big fan of them. even though i own a ss shape guitar.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by which ones pink
This.

And the DK2M, wtf?

Tell me that's not sexy.

thats some sexy shit right there
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
fender strats
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by HendrixCMD
Fender Strat Sunburst is the most ordinary guitar in my opinion. I don't know what you mean by dull.

+1. Ordinary but pretty.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Fender Starts and Teles To me they sound like cheap twang guitars and the shapes are just BLAH. I haven't palyed one single Strat or Tele old or new that didn't have that cheap ordinary sound and that's why I don't like them. Now I haven't tried the New Strat with the EMGs so I might like that but until I try I can't say for sure.
Jazzboxes all look the same to me. And sound the same. Tell me how a jazz player can achieve a unique, brilliant tone when all they do is play flatwound 0.13s into the neck humbucker of a large hollowbody through all the same amps?
The Brian May model looks and sound amazing, I don't know how you can say that. Rich, full tone with all the depth of a humbucker but all the attack of a single coil, rather like a good P90 (don't listen to Brian's records for this; the Celestion Blues in his AC30s squash the attack so you don't get the full effect). And don't get me started on that great, chambered body sound.
Gibson Firebirds look too conservative. If you wan't something like that, why not buy an explorer?
the default acoustic guitar and in sound the les paul
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
strats because everybody and their grandma has one

they are great guitars(the actual fender ones) but you see too many of them, whether they are real fenders or copies you see strats everywhere you go
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'm still lost on how the topic starter finds the Brian May signature dull; If I had $800 I'd have bought one of those instead of a strat.

Anyway, probably the most ordinary to my eyes is a black Gibson SG, and the dullest in tone is the Les Paul for me. Sure it's a great guitar, but everyone has one and there are way too many people running the tired combination of Les Paul + Crybaby + Marshall stack or halfstack.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Fender Telecasters in yellow/butterscotch with a black pickguard and rosewood fretboard.

They are bloody everywhere. I like how Tele's sound, and in highly-contrasting finish and hardware combinations they can look very nice, but the yellow/black combo is really horribly over-used, more than any Strat style.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by johnro6659
Fender Starts and Teles To me they sound like cheap twang guitars and the shapes are just BLAH. I haven't palyed one single Strat or Tele old or new that didn't have that cheap ordinary sound and that's why I don't like them. Now I haven't tried the New Strat with the EMGs so I might like that but until I try I can't say for sure.

You havn't played my tokai then I take it?

Or any other decent strat?..
I have played so many strats and teles looking for just one that I thought was decent I would keep and in over 33 years and hundreds of guitars not a single one I even remotely liked. I have played from the top of the line right down to the new Squiers. I might not have liked them but I have bought and sold many vintage strats and Teles (1 Broadcaster) (pre CBS mid 50s to CBS late 70s) in that time and the only reason I never kept one for myself was because I think the are horrible guitars. I came close to keeping a 59' Strat just because it was built the same year I was born and it was mint with original case and paper work but not because I liked the way it played. I do wish I kept the Broadcaster I could probably retire on what that is worth today. Now I have played some other Fenders over the years (Jags mainly) and I like those a lot. OH! I always loved Fender Bass guitars had many of those over the years. IMHO The only Fender guitar I think that is decent is the Jag HH. I had a mint 60s Jag that was amazing but someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse so I sold it.

I see a lot of guys love their Strats and Teles but it's all a matter of taste I just don't like the way any of the play, sound or feel.

I have owned a few Tokai LPs over the years and liked them I always thought they made good LP copies.

John
Quote by Horlicks
Ibanez RG.

Agreed.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Strats are usually dull looking cause we see so many of them

Honestly I think the Les Paul Shape is bland

because it's just like an acoustic guitar shape with a cutaway
I don't even shred
by far the most boring is black and white fender strat:

most exciting imo Ibanez JEM of some sort:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
strats because everybody and their grandma has one

they are great guitars(the actual fender ones) but you see too many of them, whether they are real fenders or copies you see strats everywhere you go

+1
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
As far as Strat's being ordinary or dull... ...man... I dunno.

I think it's easy to see them all over the place and say "man, that's everywhere, who'd want ANOTHER one of those?". But the thing is, when you get a quality Strat, it is no longer "another one of those" it's a beautiful piece of quality workmanship that you're lucky to be holding.

I used to think Strats were stupid and boring. I didn't want one because everyone had one, and I wanted to be unique. I mean, it's just a normal guitar, who would want one of those? Then I played one. Then I spent my summer saving up to buy my own quality MIA Strat. They're iconic for a reason. Rock stars are rebellious nonconformists by nature, but look how many play Strats. If they're conforming, you're damn sure it's for a good reason.

And in regards to the most ordinary/dull guitar in the world? I don't think I could say. I honestly still love and appreciate every guitar I play. Granted there are some toyish guitars that I don't really love and appreciate, but I wouldn't call those ordinary or dull, I'd just call them stupid.

In conclusion: Every guitar is beautiful and different, if you assume to lump them together by model, you're doing yourself a disservice.
Quote by johnro6659
I have played so many strats and teles looking for just one that I thought was decent I would keep and in over 33 years and hundreds of guitars not a single one I even remotely liked. I have played from the top of the line right down to the new Squiers. I might not have liked them but I have bought and sold many vintage strats and Teles (1 Broadcaster) (pre CBS mid 50s to CBS late 70s) in that time and the only reason I never kept one for myself was because I think the are horrible guitars. I came close to keeping a 59' Strat just because it was built the same year I was born and it was mint with original case and paper work but not because I liked the way it played. I do wish I kept the Broadcaster I could probably retire on what that is worth today. Now I have played some other Fenders over the years (Jags mainly) and I like those a lot. OH! I always loved Fender Bass guitars had many of those over the years. IMHO The only Fender guitar I think that is decent is the Jag HH. I had a mint 60s Jag that was amazing but someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse so I sold it.

I see a lot of guys love their Strats and Teles but it's all a matter of taste I just don't like the way any of the play, sound or feel.

I have owned a few Tokai LPs over the years and liked them I always thought they made good LP copies.

John

Crikey, I can't even understand the concept of not liking strats .
You can't tell me my strat is boring to look at.

Looks even better now that it's got three single coils.

I think this classic les paul look is very boring.

I like les pauls. But that look is just everywhere.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
You can't tell me my strat is boring to look at.

Looks even better now that it's got three single coils.

I think yours is sick, i was referring to plain jane black and white strats.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
I think yours is sick, i was referring to plain jane black and white strats.

Thanks, I understand, someone else said they think strats are boring.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
A black Ibanez RG. It's like the physical manifestation of a shoulder shrug.
I agree that B/W strats are boring as hell, ever since ive got mine ive wanted to give it a blackout.

and that picture of the b/w strat does not look dull at all, no thanks to the quality photography.

i find most LP's dull unless it has a really good finish, and ALL Epiphones, bar the Sheratons look dull to me...lame ass headstocks.

edit: oh and another thing that gets me is the Eric Clapton strat in b/w...turned me off.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Sharck
As far as Strat's being ordinary or dull... ...man... I dunno.

I think it's easy to see them all over the place and say "man, that's everywhere, who'd want ANOTHER one of those?". But the thing is, when you get a quality Strat, it is no longer "another one of those" it's a beautiful piece of quality workmanship that you're lucky to be holding.

I used to think Strats were stupid and boring. I didn't want one because everyone had one, and I wanted to be unique. I mean, it's just a normal guitar, who would want one of those? Then I played one. Then I spent my summer saving up to buy my own quality MIA Strat. They're iconic for a reason. Rock stars are rebellious nonconformists by nature, but look how many play Strats. If they're conforming, you're damn sure it's for a good reason.

+Win. I used to think there was no way a guitar that seemed to be every cheap guitar you start on could be good. Then I got my hands on a MIM. That changed my expectations, then the MIA I tried blew my mind. Even if it's the bottom of Fender's line, my MIM strat blows away, for my playing, even some Paul Reed Smith's. Once you find the right strat you never want to or do look back IMO.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I find the faux-SG shaped guitars like the Ibanez GAX series to be very meh.

I Strats though.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Page 1 of 2