I'm trying to get a slash kind of tone for a reasonable price. However I also play metallica and stuff like that. I currently have an epiphone les paul playing on a roland mini cube amp. I'm running this through a Metal Zone pedal. I'm now looking at marshall amps. A saw this MG50DFX at guitar center for about $400. Is this a good choice? if not what would be better?
Don't get that MG. It's a trap .

Anyways, I'd buy a used peavey classic 30 and an Ibanez TS7 or Digitech Bad Monkey if I were you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Don't get that MG. It's a trap .

Anyways, I'd buy a used peavey classic 30 and an Ibanez TS7 or Digitech Bad Monkey if I were you.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The classic 30 would be great for your budget and should be able to get you the tones you want, though for 400 you'd have to look used like Wes said.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by wtf_dude69
well about $500 is all i can afford.

Well, the C30 new is about 600 USD.
Go to your local GC for the black friday sale and see if you can chew them down to 500 or less (if it's not already on sale)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Tiny Terror gets slash and old metallica so I hear
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The regular cube is most likely the best thing for you. Disconnect that metal zone, turn to the metal setting, and rip. It'll sound much better than the pedal.
for 500 dollars you can definatly get a good tube amp. if you go to guitar center early tommorow you can probably get a classic 30 for 500, or look used. i payed 350 for my classic 30 which was only 2 months old and in perfect condition. you would also probably want a digitech bad monkey to boost it. thats the setup i use, and it can easily get an old marshall tone like slash and the boost takes you into metal territory. just play with the eq and you can get a good thrash tone.