Hey everyone,
My crate is not the greatest, but gets the job done.
However, I would like to upgrade to something tube..

What can you tell me about the following:"

Fender Blues Jr.
Fender Super Champ XD
Epiphone Valve Jr.

I like blues, classic rock, a tad of jazz someday hopefully

I do not gig, yet...
But, I would like something that would last me a while and possibly can be used to gig.

Thanks
Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
What's your budget? What kind of tone are you going for?

That being said, I don't think the valve jr would be loud enough to gig so I'd probably consider something else. Those other two amps won't really have enough clean headroom to play over a drummer, but they can do everything else nicely.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
budget is preferably 400 or less, Im always open to used deals if I can snag em'.

Also, I still don't see myself gigging for another year at the least.

As far as tone, I am looking for nice jangly cleans and a classic distortion, I know it doesn't help much but I just want something with a bit more clear and crisp sound than my crate.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
i dont have much to consider for you, but i think a peavey classic 30 will suit you well. it's pretty good for rock and blues and not too expensive to pick one up used.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Well, I'd give the Blues jr a try, give the super champ a try. I'd also try out the peavey classic 30 as well. Those are all pretty good amps, the classic 30 being the most versatile and the most expensive.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You can get clean tones over a drummer with a Blues Jr...

The drummer in my band actually gets complaints that he's playing too hard and loud, and I can still keep a fairly clean tone.
Last edited by JilaX^ at Nov 27, 2008,
blues jr. or consider the epiphone valve standard (valve jr but bigger/more stuff)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
the fender superchamp will do the job.

If not, you can always get a used blues deluxe, which will definitely do the job.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120