I'm planning on having a Seymour Duncan P-Rails neck pickup installed in my Jackson Kelly. I'd just like to make sure that it would fit in my guitar without any modifications. The dimensions, according to the SD website, for the jazz pickup I have at the moment (assuming it's the Trembucker model, since I have a Floyd) are here, and the dimensions for the P-Rails which will be the replacement, are here.

Also, I'm assuming the P-Rails are designed for Gibson-type string spacing and not Fender/Floyd. Would this be an issue at all? I'm assuming that it doesn't have much (if any) affect on the output, it just means that the strings and the magnets (right?) don't match up perfectly - right?

Thanks.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Last edited by jaffawoman at Nov 27, 2008,
dosent matter as its a rail
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
dosent matter as its a rail

Very true, how about the P90 section, though?
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

Quote by jaffawoman
Very true, how about the P90 section, though?

It should still be okay. The spacing isn't terribly important.

The p-rails are designed to fit in a humbucker rout, that's half of their point, to give you the option of p-90 sound in a humbucker, so they should fit just fine.

Let me know how they sound, I kind of want to put them in a build.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by GravyFish
It should still be okay. The spacing isn't terribly important.

The p-rails are designed to fit in a humbucker rout, that's half of their point, to give you the option of p-90 sound in a humbucker, so they should fit just fine.

Let me know how they sound, I kind of want to put them in a build.

Thanks. I'll get back to you, but I'll probably get the pickup itself for Christmas, then I'll have to get it installed, so it'll take a while.