Look I am just getting into soloing, I would like to know others opinion what would be the easiest Slayer solo.
Honestly man if you want to get better dont bother learning any slayer solos. They just sound a bunch of nothing.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by postmortem2006
Get a wah pedal, tune your guitar to C# and let loose with your whammy bar. Cangrats, you just played every Slayer solo on earth.

I actually don't think Slayer tuned to C# or used wah (atleast not when they were good). But yeah, as everyone else said, there's no point in learning a Slayer solo, even if you're playing a cover of the song random really fast notes with some whammy bar wankery should suffice.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Ah, but if we're talking Show No Mercy...I believe I just made my first valid point of the day. Yay
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
What an amazing thread...

If you are having difficulties with a Slayer solo guitar might not be the thing for you; ever consider the triangle?
Step 1: Play a 5th fret Natural Harmonic on the 5th string.
Step 2: Descend whammy bar.
Step 3: Play a 4th fret Natural Harmonic on the 6th string.
Step 4: Raise whammy bar.
Step 5: Alternate as necessary.
Step 6: 24th fret bend.
Step 7: Voila.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
wow so many slayer haters, Postmortem was one of the first songs I learned so I'd have to recommend that and depending on your speed naturally follow it with raining blood...Piece by Piece is pretty fun
Just look to Show No Mercy for some Slayer good solos, everything else is out of key triplet testicles.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Just look to Show No Mercy for some Slayer good solos, everything else is out of key triplet testicles.

Go on MSN.
Not really a solo, but the guitar lead during the breakdown of Raining Blood is pretty easy.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Raining Blood outro isn't as hard as it sounds.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Whenever my guitar hero friends nag me to play Raining Blood I always improvise the solo by trem picking random notes all over the neck and whammying......

No one ever notices. Ever.
Kerry King would be proud.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Awesome. That song has film sound samples. I love those.

As for the Slayer solo, just play random notes on the high e string. For the song just palm mute open notes on the low e string and there you have every Slayer song ever written.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by postmortem2006
nah they play a lot of their later material in C#. And use wah extensively haha.

Notice the part of my old post in parenthesis .

EDIT: And King, I'm fairly sure that is what the solo is, I've never heard the solo played live .
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Whenever my guitar hero friends nag me to play Raining Blood I always improvise the solo by trem picking random notes all over the neck and whammying......

No one ever notices. Ever.

Any reason they should notice? You're playing it exactly how it should be .
Quote by jpgilbert701
Honestly man if you want to get better dont bother learning any slayer solos. They just sound a bunch of nothing.

This
Quote by \Powerslave/
Any reason they should notice? You're playing it exactly how it should be .