well, tomorrow i'm going out to get a bass chorus, and i think i've got it down between boss and digitech. i've heard great things about both, and i wanted your opinion of them?

suggestions other than those are welcome as well thanks
Digitech hands down. Seriously, best value for the price. Amazing sound for the price. I love this pedal to the point of addiction.
Quote by anarkee
Digitech hands down. Seriously, best value for the price. Amazing sound for the price. I love this pedal to the point of addiction.

yep
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
The Analogman Clone Chorus is an improved EHX Small Clone. Sounds absolutely fantastic, but is a bit pricey.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I would like to add a no-no to the Boss pedal. The chorus sounded very weak to me the multiple times I've tried it out in stores, it wasn't very rich. You want a nice subtle chorus, but you want to be able to actually hear the difference too without having to tweak every knob all the way up.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
haha ok cool thanks for the imput so far! only thing is i want to be able to try it out, but since tomorrow is black friday... well yea thats not a good thing lol
The Digitech is a great pedal. It can't really do a warm tone, though.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Nov 27, 2008,
yea, i heard the sound clips for the pedal and it seemed a bit on the colder side, but i did like it.
Quote by anarkee

This. I think Boss pedals have a $15 "I recognize the name" surcharge. Plus, Digitechs are much heftier.

But keep in mind that it's a DIGITAL chorus. You won't get that alien swirl from, say, a Small Clone. And also keep in mind that by the very nature of the pedal, if you turn the level too high, you're going to lose some bottom among the cacophony.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'd like to defend the Boss pedal a bit. (assuming we're talking about the CEB-3) It's not digital, and lets you pick how much low-end gets cut. Yes, it's subtle, but it's good sounding and can easily reach the level of saturation that 99% of bassists use in a pedal.
Nope, no sig here.
i dont see the point of bass chorus really...except if ur justin chancellor... i rarely see any bass chorus used..... but more power to ya if thats what u want.
In 80's music there was more bass chorus than there was bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
To everyone who said digitech, +1. I've heard great things about them. I'd get one in an instant if I could figure out how I'd get any real use out of it, besides just fooling around (as a metal bassist, I'm just thankful they let me use distortion, wah, and take a solo once in a while).
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by anarkee

???? really? i enjoy boss much more, it feels more reliable cuz i've had gee-tar pedals from boss that i love so much more! plus there colorful! COLORS! (translated for british dudes) COLOURS!!!! seriously, i love there pedals!
Try adding more delay.
I have both Boss and Digitech pedals, so I'm a bit agnostic that way. But in that price range, the Digitech just has a much better overall sound (at least to my ears) than the Boss.