you choose out of these ones, my budget is £150 - £200ish and the music i am into and would be playing is

- Oasis
- The Stone Roses
- Guns N' Roses
- The Smiths
- The Verve

and a few more but you kind of get it
im looking for a valve/tube amp rather than a solid state/digital if i'm making any sense, ive found these 3

Laney VC15-110 - £219/£240 - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc15-110/67333

Laney LC-15 - £169+ - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-15/9545

Epiphone Valve Standard - £199 - http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=08022211524338

id spend a slight more than £200 as you can see but wont if i don't have to, unless, the amp is worth every penny i spend over

i want to be able to play it in the house, play it in a pub(gig), band practice and for it to have a head phone output so i could play it at night

if you have any other suggestions on valve/tube amps around this price range, to fit these styles of music and to meet the needs of what i want i would deeply appreciate it

thanks
mmm vc15, then again i not hreard the epiphone, but the vc's sound lush, very clean etc

edit: based on demos ive heard of vc30, but im sure this is a smaller version
Last edited by goo94 at Nov 27, 2008,
thanks for the comments so far any more suggetions, also if i bought the laney VC15, do you think it would be better to buy it off GAK for £220 or in a shop for £240, dunno if it would be better condition or what form a shop?
i'd go with the vc15 too, if you can try it and find you like it.

tell your local shop you can get it for £220 from gak, see if they'll throw a little off. But don't forget that gak will charge postage, so it might not be all that much cheaper. if there's little in it, money-wise, i'd buy from your local shop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd go with the vc15 too, if you can try it and find you like it.

tell your local shop you can get it for £220 from gak, see if they'll throw a little off. But don't forget that gak will charge postage, so it might not be all that much cheaper. if there's little in it, money-wise, i'd buy from your local shop.

okay looks like VC15 gets the vote then, 1 more thing is it a very loud amp? and also does it have a headphone jack?
I've played the Epiphone Valve Standard and that has nice cleans. The LC15 (also played) sounds extremly (SP) boxy.
Quote by WoodySafc
okay looks like VC15 gets the vote then, 1 more thing is it a very loud amp? and also does it have a headphone jack?

it's loud if you turn it up.
No it doesn't have a headphone jack. Most amps do not have headphone jacks.
Quote by Highwaytohell
it's loud if you turn it up.
No it doesn't have a headphone jack. Most amps do not have headphone jacks.

so i couldnt play it at night, well play like silently sort of thing?
also do you think buying an Epiphone Les Paul Standard off Gak.co.uk is such a great idea? or will it not be set up properly and stuff

coz i was gonna buy it from a local music store, where it would be set up and everythink etc. etc. but ive been thinking i could save alot of money buying it online any sugestions?
Quote by WoodySafc
so i couldnt play it at night, well play like silently sort of thing?

man i can't play my amp at night
Just go unplugged

But you could, just keep the volume pretty far down and you'll be fine.
Quote by Highwaytohell
man i can't play my amp at night
Just go unplugged

But you could, just keep the volume pretty far down and you'll be fine.

haha ah well ill have to do that, whats your views on my question above ^^
regarding gak, i guess it depends on how confident you are with your own setups.

Quote by Jak Archer
I've played the Epiphone Valve Standard and that has nice cleans. The LC15 (also played) sounds extremly (SP) boxy.

yeah, i didn't much like the lc15 i tried either. the vc15 does sound quite a bit better, i think- but there's still a little boxiness. it's quite a big jump in price to the vc30, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
regarding gak, i guess it depends on how confident you are with your own setups.

yeah, i didn't much like the lc15 i tried either. the vc15 does sound quite a bit better, i think- but there's still a little boxiness. it's quite a big jump in price to the vc30, though.

lol well for a start i dont have a clue about set ups and all that, as i am just starting out with electric and have only been playing acoustic for about 3 month now, so i think its gonna be better getting it from a local guitar store and getting it set up by a pro?

and also i would get the VC30 but i can barley afford the VC15 never mind summit thats gonna cost £100 and odd more haha, i need some money
yeah, i'd buy the guitar from a local shop, then. apart from anything, you can always crawl back to them asking for help if anything goes wrong (if you buy from them)- a lot harder to do this if you haven't bought from them!

if you can't stretch, it'd be hard to beat the laney vc15 for the price. perhaps try a fender vibro/superchampxd too (whichever is the 15watt version- £249 RRP but i've seen them advertised for £200). it's a modeller, but has tubes too. Not all-tube, but close enough (i think, anyway).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i'd buy the guitar from a local shop, then. apart from anything, you can always crawl back to them asking for help if anything goes wrong (if you buy from them)- a lot harder to do this if you haven't bought from them!

if you can't stretch, it'd be hard to beat the laney vc15 for the price. perhaps try a fender vibro/superchampxd too (whichever is the 15watt version- £249 RRP but i've seen them advertised for £200). it's a modeller, but has tubes too. Not all-tube, but close enough (i think, anyway).

well i think im gonna buy my epi from a shop, they will set it up when i buy it for free wont they? and i'll just stick with the VC15 i mean i can spare an extra £40, it will last me a long me a while and be very decent wont it?
Quote by WoodySafc
well i think im gonna buy my epi from a shop, they will set it up when i buy it for free wont they? and i'll just stick with the VC15 i mean i can spare an extra £40, it will last me a long me a while and be very decent wont it?

A VC is a great choice IMO, I have a VC30-112 and I am definetly not replacing it for a very long time.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
A VC is a great choice IMO, I have a VC30-112 and I am definetly not replacing it for a very long time.

thanks man, i think its the laney VC15 am gonna go for then, jesus christ after all this time of trying to choose an amp and i finally feel as though i have choose my final one haha ive been from the MG to the Vox, the the epiphone Valve laney lc15 now im gonna get the laneyVC15 haha

i still need to know though, when i buy my guitar (epiphone les paul) at my local music shop they will give it a pro set up for free before i buy it wont they?
who know's if they'll set it up. go there and ask, or call them. shops aren't obligated to set-up guitars that they sell
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
who know's if they'll set it up. go there and ask, or call them. shops aren't obligated to set-up guitars that they sell

but it will need setting up right? wheather they do it or not
Chances are that the Epi will already be set up reasonably well. I bought an Ibanez online from GAK which was set up perfectly.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by WoodySafc

they certainly should set it up if you ask them too. apart from anything, if the hem and haw and try to get out of doing it, you should point out that if they won't set it up, you'll just buy off the net to save money.

the vc15 should last you quite a while, yeah. it's a nice amp. there have been some complaints about reliability a while back (i *think* they're sorted now, you could try asking in the laney thread to see what they say), but unfortunately that's probably going to happen with any cheaper amp...

if you aren't going to upgrade for ages, it might be worth considering trying to stretch to the vc30 as it sounds a bit bigger- but it's a lot louder too, so would be less suitable for playing at home...

bear in mind that the footswitch for either amp is about £15, it doesn't come with the amp, unfortunately. though if you buy from a local shop you could try to talk them into giving it to you for free.

Quote by spiff389

they should if you ask them, though. if they don't when asked, they deserve to go out of business.

Quote by WoodySafc
but it will need setting up right? wheather they do it or not

it really depends on how good the factory setup is, to be honest. but certainly the shop should be willing to set it up to your liking...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?