Hey guys. My band plays mostly small venues (skateparks and house parties) and most of these places either have no lighting or piss poor excuses for lighting. So we would like to start working our own rig, but have no idea where to begin besides a few key questions.

What do we need barebones?
And how easily transportable is this?
How do we get sound to trigger the lights (i.e. kick drum hit = flash of godly light)

Any help is much appreciated
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I wish i could let you talk to my friend about this as he is a lighting technician at a proffesional gig venue alass, i know nothing of this...
Quote by guitarfan93
Hey guys. My band plays mostly small venues (skateparks and house parties) and most of these places either have no lighting or piss poor excuses for lighting. So we would like to start working our own rig, but have no idea where to begin besides a few key questions.

What do we need barebones?
And how easily transportable is this?
How do we get sound to trigger the lights (i.e. kick drum hit = flash of godly light)

Any help is much appreciated

To activate lighting through drums you'll need to trigger them and convert the signal to MIDI. Then you have to hook up the lights to a MIDI controller and assign what to where.
It's going to involve a helluva lot of cables, and it's gonna take a van to transport a lighting rig most likely, you usually get a few lights mounted on a large tripod
ohai little sig.