IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
My favorites are this is it and Room on Fire but i havent listened to First Impressions of Earth. But i like Reptillia.
I finally bought Little Joy's debut and holy ****...it's ****ing amazing. I rate it above both of Albert Hammond Jr.'s albums. In fact, it's the best album I've bought so far this year.
"We have three songs," he said. "Some of the new stuff has a '70s vibe, like Thin Lizzy or Elvis Costello. But then some of it is bizarre music from the future that we're trying to tone down to sound catchy. So we're trapped between the future and the '70s."
as long as they can avoid the shitty production of the last album and make the album a bit more focused and consistent i think they'll be fine.
Where have these guys been? I feel like it's been forever since they released First Impressions of Earth. I really enjoyed both Is This It? and Room on Fire but I felt that First Impressions of Earth was really lacking something. Hopefully whatever they're working on next lives up to the earlier stuff.
I wouldn't say the last album was that bad but it was definitely different to the previous albums, musically and lyrically.

it was my least favourite of the three but it had more in-depth emotion running through some of the lyrics and kind of showed a development of his writing. whether you like the direction he went in or not - it showed the strokes could do something different b/c 'is this it' and 'room on fire' were quite similar in many ways.
thought this might shed some light on why the strokes have been quiet lately....the site just launched today....

http://www.juliancasablancas.com/
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
"The album, entitled Phrazes for the Young, features all new material written by Casablancas. Track titles include: River of Brake Lights, Glass and Ludlow St. Casablancas, a founding member of The Strokes, plans to announce a special series of U.S. dates shortly to be followed by a solo tour later in the year."

this probably means we wont be getting a new strokes album anytime soon. the song's kind of cool i guess, and i'm happy to see them/him going in a different direction, but to be honest i'd much rather have a new strokes album, reagrdless of what that means these days.
is this it is my favorite album from them.
when it started and barely legal are so underrated

you got to give room on fire so much credit though.
meet me in the bathroom, the end has no end, under control, 12:51, i cant win, good stuff.

first impressions of earth has its highs and lows.
<.< I sort of disagree with critics about First Impressions. Granted, it wasn't their best, but a lot of songs on there are really great.
Quote by toyboxmonster
<.< I sort of disagree with critics about First Impressions. Granted, it wasn't their best, but a lot of songs on there are really great.

Is This It? Blows everything they (and their contemporaries) have ever, will ever do.
Quote by toyboxmonster

I just thought it was a bit boring. Nothing on that album surprised me realy..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Siren Silently
Is This It? Blows everything they (and their contemporaries) have ever, will ever do.

Definitely. Is This It is amazing from the first track to the last. I just mean, I don't think First Impressions was as terrible as it's made out to be.
i actually really liked first impressions....and nikolai did fantastic on it.....however i still like is this it and room on fire more
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
I'm really looking forward to Julian's side-project. But it's definitely gonna be different than The Strokes. And I know The Strokes are gonna work on the album and hopefully release it in 2010. But it might not be good... I have a feeling it's the beginning of the end for The Strokes. Sucks, The Strokes will always be my favorite band
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?

Quote by metallica724
there isnt a song i dont like from them and i have their discology
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Dying to hear some of Casablancas solo stuff, cos then may be able to figure out what Strokes new album might sound like!! Although
Quote by Hotpress
Dying to hear some of Casablancas solo stuff, cos then may be able to figure out what Strokes new albummight sound like!! Although

o rly?

do tell
Quote by trackmind
"The album, entitled Phrazes for the Young, features all new material written by Casablancas. Track titles include: River of Brake Lights, Glass and Ludlow St. Casablancas, a founding member of The Strokes, plans to announce a special series of U.S. dates shortly to be followed by a solo tour later in the year."

this probably means we wont be getting a new strokes album anytime soon. the song's kind of cool i guess, and i'm happy to see them/him going in a different direction, but to be honest i'd much rather have a new strokes album, reagrdless of what that means these days.

actually the julian stuff makes the situation better.
Julian Casablancas solo trip which look s and sounds awesome will come out first this fall. new strokes stuff will come out between then and next spring. I am so excited for both. More music. The trailer for phrazes is badass.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by jiminizzle
actually the julian stuff makes the situation better.
Julian Casablancas solo trip which look s and sounds awesome will come out first this fall. new strokes stuff will come out between then and next spring. I am so excited for both. More music. The trailer for phrazes is badass.

yeah, i guess you're right. it's just that i'd be so ****ing disappointed in case they'd choose to end their career with something like fioe. i feel like they could do so much better than that.

but, yeah, the trailer looks awesome, so i kinda have high expectations for both albums.
Quite freaky alri... I haven't heard of any of the bands he's listening to at the moment!!
I'm currently on Ask Me Anything (this is my first listen to FIOE) and I like it so far. It's like the strokes started listening to rufus wainwright or something
The first single from Casablancas' solo album hit the net tonight. It's called 11th Dimension. Already some hype on the music blog aggregators and whatnot. Definitely different from what you'd expect. But, I like it.

Check it it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtlpAGs04Dg
WOAH! Tht Casablancas solo stuff is quite odd, kinda as a holiday feel to it. Like summat you'd hear in a bar in the Bahamas
Does it offend you, yeah?
Quote by leroy09
I wonder if the whole album will be this..... Electronic.

^^^

In a word, yes.
I like them. Even with the electronic sort of sound. His voice is still prominent and the choruses are there.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
There headlining a festival in Scotland next year too
Album should be out next summer then...
Does it offend you, yeah?
I saw him live last month in LA for one of his weekly LA shows. It WAS AMAZING
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?

Quote by metallica724