Page 3 of 7
The Strokes are ****ing incredible.
I'm in the process of starting a band right now with them as the primary influence, I have a vocalist who can do Jule's voice perfectly, we all love the band, it should be sweet. I don't want to play exactly how they do, but I love the sound, its a great place to start, you know? I can't wait for the new album, whenever its coming out.
mmm really not that big on the solo stuff at all...
his voice is now where near as good as it was on is this it, and all the songs sound like a bad take on what the bands he mentioned in that interview are doing.
after first impressions and this, i can only hope alberts having more of a say in the bands direction because some of his solo stuff is quite good, albeit relatively safe.
Me and my friend were recently discussing how much poon Julian Casablancas gets, simply because his name is Julian Casablancas and he's in the Strokes.

But yeah, the Strokes are great. Can't wait to hear the next album.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Me and my friend were recently discussing how much poon Julian Casablancas gets, simply because his name is Julian Casablancas and he's in the Strokes.

I would assume he gets a lot.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
someone knows little joy? project of the drummer i think. More Brazilian but still some strokes sounds. And Nickel Eye is one of my favourite bands. heard they are working on a new strokes album :p
The first 8 or so songs on First Impressions are very good. Not so much for the other 6 though...
Quote by crazy8rgood

he tried to get with a friend of mind, who politely told him she was 13 (at the time). he proceeded to invite her to his hotel room. shes gotta be one of the few girls to turn him down

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
he tried to get with a friend of mind, who politely told him she was 13 (at the time). he proceeded to invite her to his hotel room. shes gotta be one of the few girls to turn him down

Bullsh t
no lies, i didn't believe it either. kreepy dood.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
no lies, i didn't believe it either. kreepy dood.

you didn't believe it until...what? what gives you reason to believe this story?
The Strokes are by far my favorite band, so many good songs and I love their style.

I saw Julian in Amsterdam for Phrazes for the Young tour and he was completely wasted but it still was a good show

Can't wait for their new album!
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Arthur Curry
you didn't believe it until...what? what gives you reason to believe this story?

how could i forgot, pics or didn't happen. but yeah her band was playing at the same festival and she ended up backstage at the main stage. I don't the strokes were too big at the time either.

Seeing them in July, haven't listened to them in a while now, used to be absolutely huge on them when first impressions came out. Will enjoy the nostalgia of their earlier stuff.
Last Nite on "Get Him To The Greek" commercials, anyone?

i was happy/sad when i first saw it.

happy because Last Nite is amazing and everybody should hear it.
sad because there was russell brand was on the screen, running around like an idiot like always. i mean... doesn't anybody else just wanna punch that stupid **** in the face???
<3 u
Quote by work sucks
Last Nite on "Get Him To The Greek" commercials, anyone?

i was happy/sad when i first saw it.

happy because Last Nite is amazing and everybody should hear it.
sad because there was russell brand was on the screen, running around like an idiot like always. i mean... doesn't anybody else just wanna punch that stupid **** in the face???

I like his stand up, but I hate him in movies. It also has Stop Drop and Roll by rhe Foxboro Hot Tubs. I think this is going to be an awesome soundtrack for a crappy movie.
they are playing tomorrow at dingwalls in camden. tickets already sold out but i got 2. sooooo happy.
They are playing in my city soon along with yeasayer and band of horses but my love for them has kind of died off.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
the strokes are officially back on form. an amazing night had by all. sweat dripping of the ceiling. literally. if you get the chance, go and see them.
I live in America, and our audiences are shit for the Strokes from videos I've seen. So I doubt they will want to play near me, I don't blame them. I wouldn't either.
The Strokes are just amazing. Really recommend some of their songs for beginners to play; Reptilia rocks :p
Quote by due 07
Julian's solo stuff is silly

Strokes IV dropping in January, I am excite.

True true, good though
Some of the guitar work is surprisingly good though. Does Julian play guitar on it?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by due 07
Julian's solo stuff is silly

Strokes IV dropping in January, I am excite.

<3 11th Dimension
Has anyone got Is This It on vinyl? I recently bought it cause it's one of my absolute favorite albums and most of the tracks sound noticeably sped up, Julian's voice is certainly higher. Has anyone else noticed it? It's certainly not a problem though, it's still amazing. I think they might have done this to fit all the songs onto one album as opposed to a double LP. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by titsmcgee852
True true, good though
Some of the guitar work is surprisingly good though. Does Julian play guitar on it?

I have not a clue. I wouldn't be surprised.
Quote by Vasser
Has anyone got Is This It on vinyl? I recently bought it cause it's one of my absolute favorite albums and most of the tracks sound noticeably sped up, Julian's voice is certainly higher. Has anyone else noticed it? It's certainly not a problem though, it's still amazing. I think they might have done this to fit all the songs onto one album as opposed to a double LP. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Hmm I have it and it seems to work fine! My record player is a bit messed up and makes it sound wobbly, but there's no problems with my record itself. Odd.
Are you playing it on the right speed?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Well I have two record players, and they're both on the right speed. And both of them have the same effect.

Also, it's only sped up slightly, so that I have to tune my guitar a half step up in order to play along with it correctly.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
woah, a half step up is huge though... that is strange.

(also, buy yourself a capo please)

if all your other records play normally, i'd just say you got some sort of dud. i've never heard any complaits like that from Is This It owners...
<3 u
^I tried that, the dots throw me off haha.

I need to get my hands on another copy before i can figure out if it really is that individual record.
Quote by stevenpollock
I saw them in London a couple months back, was defs the best concert I've ever been to! I'm so glad theyre back together, waiting on that fourth album

And lollapalooza looked awesome from this side of the pond..!!
I saw them at Lollapalooza and they were great!

I would definitely say they are back. Jules voice sounded good, which I wasn't really expecting based on some of the live videos I've seen of their later concerts. And of course the rest of the band sounded awesome as well.

If you get the chance, try to find the video of Someday from Lollapalooza, the light show is great...

And I also kind of got to see firsthand how they really aren't that popular in the US...They played at the same time as Lady Gaga and there were a whole lot of "Lol whose are The Strokes aren't they liek an old band?" type people around. The costumes people wore to Gaga were amusing though...

I'm definitely seeing them next time they come through Chicago...
Current Gear:
PRS CE24 Maple Top
PRS SE Corvette
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Hardwire SC-2 Distortion
I checked out that Lolla performance, the pacman on the screen made me smile.

And haha I would have been so angry if I heard people saying that sorta thing, being a HUUGE Strokes fan myself, Jules' voice is better than ever I think. At the gig I was at, it was so humid that by the end, sweat was quite literally dripping from the ceiling! I don't think I'll ever be at a gig where everybody knows all of the drumbeats, guitar riffs, lyrics and yells along to every one of 'em.

P.s. I saw Gaga crowdsurfing in that...slightly revealing ensemble. She's one hell of a nutjob.
Despite Albert looking like a homeless dude, I think it's safe to say they're back. I'm stoked for the new album, apparently they played some new songs at Outside Lands too. I haven't been able to find any videos though.
anyone here the new record??? i've heard 3 songs and 1 is solid the others blow, i think its gonna be a disappointment but whats yalls thoughts
God Bless