Page 5 of 7
Am I the only one who's not too fond of Under Cover of Darkness. I dig Macchu Pichu, Two Kinds of Happiness and Taken for a Fool, but UCoD just sounds a little cheesy.
I like it. I really wish the whole album would live up to the expectations of Machu Pichu and UCOD. But it's still really good.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I've been listening to Is This It a lot in the last couple of weeks. Definitely one of my favorite albums ever, oh man. I like every record they've put out, but none as much as that. UK version 4 lyfe.
Quote by due 07
I've been listening to Is This It a lot in the last couple of weeks. Definitely one of my favorite albums ever, oh man. I like every record they've put out, but none as much as that. UK version 4 lyfe.

New York city cops really rounds the album off nicely.

A massive second to 'is this it' being one of my favorite all time albums but i think they're yet to release another truly great album.
Quote by spitonastranger
New York city cops really rounds the album off nicely.

A massive second to 'is this it' being one of my favorite all time albums but i think they're yet to release another truly great album.

I think Room On Fire is great, just not elite like the debut. I think that's pretty much what you men though. They've had some elite songs since then, the frequency of which seems to decrease with every album, but yeah. Is This It kicks the shit out of everything.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Room is on Fire > Is This It

thisniggastupid
Is This It > Angles > others > genghisgandhi

wow

i pretty much agree with that list and it seems like most people do. Is this it is the model of consistency. Room on fire kicks ass but it doesnt have quite the same impact for me. First impressions of earth has some of their best songs but theres some less than great ones too. Angles has some moments but doesnt ever hit stride. phrazes for the young is kind of the same. Some great little hooks and melodies scattered in a lot of forgettable music.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by jiminizzle

wow

i pretty much agree with that list and it seems like most people do. Is this it is the model of consistency. Room on fire kicks ass but it doesnt have quite the same impact for me. First impressions of earth has some of their best songs but theres some less than great ones too. Angles has some moments but doesnt ever hit stride. phrazes for the young is kind of the same. Some great little hooks and melodies scattered in a lot of forgettable music.

you forgot to mention how genghis sucks but i agree
what does /mu/ mean? misspelling of the pokemon? math term?

i just found a copy of an old magazine from 2003 with the strokes on the cover
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
iknorite?

The continuing homoerotic adventures of nick and julian makes for a surprisingly uncomfortable read.
I d'loaded is this it to listen to while jogging, and I was disppointed when I discovered - too late - that it was the US version. UK version > US version, for both NYC cops and the artwork
I like the US artwork more. And the song on the US version is still pretty awesome.

Aside from the obvious hotness, from an artistic point of view I think the UK cover is much more fulfilling. It's an eye-catching image, simple but effective. The US version looks liked barbed wire in a church or something. I also like that image, but the UK cover is really much more memorable.
I can't help but wonder: "Is this a woman's hand on her hot ass or is it a woman's hand on her knee"
hot ass. definitely. also, youve just made the cover about 45% less hot to me.
Quote by Marceline
yea theyre pretty kool. i like 'under the cover of darkness' by them.

Such a great song.
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
Is This It is excellent driving music.
Quote by bradulator
Is This It is excellent driving music.

I agree, driving around on a sunny day in the summer, through town, with Someday playing is amazing.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
ve been listening to First Impressions a lot lately. It's a shame that the album weakens throughout, because the beginning is amazing. But stuff like "Fear of Sleep" just about ruins it for me.
Quote by due 07
It's good music.

*note taken

Quote by vagelier
ve been listening to First Impressions a lot lately. It's a shame that the album weakens throughout, because the beginning is amazing. But stuff like "Fear of Sleep" just about ruins it for me.

Consistency is what made 'Is this it' great. Even though there are killer singles on Impressions the album fails to live up to their standard.