Ok, now dont kill me here, but i know **** all about bass pedals, so it is up to you guys to reccomend me a few good pedals =D idealy £50 is what im looking to spend, but if thats just cheap (remember im new to this) then i wont mind going over

Reccomend away guys =D
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
If you have no pedals what so ever, you could save up to a hundred(specially with xmas round the corner) and pick up a Zoom B2.1u multi effects processor pedal thing, really reliable, Mines the center piece of my rig.

also doubles as a tuner, effects like Dist, Wah, Chorus, and a DI box.
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
For overdrive/fuzz the Bass Big Muff is pretty inexpensive and I've heard good things about it.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
For overdrive/fuzz the Bass Big Muff is pretty inexpensive and I've heard good things about it.

i dont get the point of the bass big muff since virtually everyone uses russian or usa big muffs for bass because of the insane low end so why make a bass vertion??
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
^that's a myth.
pedals are often useless unless you know exactly what you want.

a tuner pedal, however, can be used by anybody.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
^^ ROFL!

thanks for all the reccomendations guys =)

EDIT: Btw, how much does a Zoom B2 usually come in at?
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
Last edited by AzzA2006 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by jolleymuse
i dont get the point of the bass big muff since virtually everyone uses russian or usa big muffs for bass because of the insane low end so why make a bass vertion??

Because the guitar version have **** low end retention. It is just a bit better than your average guitar distortion, due to the muddier sound of a Big Muff.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
You can buy my big muff off me if you want. £40 + postage?

It's in pretty good shaped, been gigged and stuff, some paint scraped off on the front but functions perfectly. I need the moneys to buy a synth pedal

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
The Ibanez Tone-lok line is very good...any of them would be good. I'd go for the PD-7 or the SB-7.

Also, +1 to the tuner pedal.
Nope, no sig here.
if you want to have one you really have to know which one is it before you buy it. otherwise you'll get easily bored with it, even though the first moments will be orgasmously fantastic. :p

first: listen to the pedal and love it, then buy.
Applehead's correct; if you don't know why you are buying a pedal or what pedal you should be buying, then you need to go back to square one. If you don't it will be as Wojtus has stated, a bright shiny object that will, after a few days, become a piece of hardware that gathers dust in your house.

The other thing is that especially with newer bassists, pedals become crutches to mask poor or underdeveloped technique. Work on your technique and then when you find you need a specific tone or enhancement to your playing--go shopping for the specifc pedal then and not before.
i fully agree, and more in the issue of practising- never practise with a pedal on. practise on clean channel because thats the only opportunity to hear all of the mistakes and slight being out of tune. if you can perfectly play on clean channel and you put a pedal on, you do it good as well. but when you practise with for example overdrive and after that you have to play a clean part you can be bitterly disappointed. watch out having a pedal with bass.
Quote by anarkee
Applehead's correct; if you don't know why you are buying a pedal or what pedal you should be buying, then you need to go back to square one. If you don't it will be as Wojtus has stated, a bright shiny object that will, after a few days, become a piece of hardware that gathers dust in your house.

The other thing is that especially with newer bassists, pedals become crutches to mask poor or underdeveloped technique. Work on your technique and then when you find you need a specific tone or enhancement to your playing--go shopping for the specifc pedal then and not before.

I wasn't correct?

I kid, this. though I still say a tuner pedal would be quite useful.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Nooooooo!

Practice with the pedals on! Especially if youre learning a song. If you practice clean, you might learn it fine, then stick on the distortion and all you can hear is the other notes ringing out and masking the the melody you've just learnt.

If you learnt with distortion on, you'd learn where and how to mute the strings with your non-playing fretting or plucking hand. Knowing what not to play is as important as knowing what to play!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
yeah i agree that if you are learning a specific song, say with distortion, then you should practice with the distortion.. but for general practice its a big no no.
Lets just say my slap technique sounds decent through the right set of pedals--clean, my sloppy technique shows markedly. Its one of the main reasons I've held off on buying a compressor.

I think my point (and Appleheads and Humanity's) is that:

--pedals are no sub for technique
--buy a pedal because you need a pedal to achieve a certain sound--don't buy a pedal and then create a reason to use it.
Quote by jolleymuse

Very, very, VERY untrue. The reason why they made a bass version is that both big muff's (especially the USA) suck almost all of your low end, and take away much of your mid range, making you instantly drop out of the mix. They're good for soloing (à la Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)), but not much else.

That said, TS, you really need to figure out what kind of pedal you're looking for.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by AshDoro
If you have no pedals what so ever, you could save up to a hundred(specially with xmas round the corner) and pick up a Zoom B2.1u multi effects processor pedal thing, really reliable, Mines the center piece of my rig.

also doubles as a tuner, effects like Dist, Wah, Chorus, and a DI box.

this is a very nice pedal i have one myself
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
NONE. i dont know how much 50 Euros is (es in US) save up adn buy a PEDALBOARD, so u dont have to keep buying pedals XD trust me, its what im gunna do, for about 2x the price of a pedal get a bout 40 of them (:
Try adding more delay.