so i figured out i can pick alot faster with my fingers on my picking hand stretched out strait instead of curved into a fist,
is it wrong to be doing this or is there no harm being done?
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
There's nothing wrong with it if it's the way you're most comfortable. But you'll probably find that you can play more accurately with your fingers in. I personally always play with my fingers out, but I am limited somewhat in what I can do. Most shredders play with their fingers in, but Yngwie Malmsteen plays with them out. It basically comes down to personal comfort.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i dont think there is any harm. its more a matter of personal preference. thats how i play, i find it easier to palm mute and keep my hand in a good position with my fingers out.
i currently changing my style from having them out to making a fist because my guitar teachers have told me its a better way to do it, and you can get the pick more parallel to the string (which is better for jazz, i do jazz guitar lessons). a lot of people do it your way though, theres nothing wrong with it. i find its more accurate the other way though.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
yeh, i just find that whichever you feel requires least effort will give the best results.

I mean, you don't want to be concentrating on the rhythm of your playing, your fingering, your picking itself, AND the fact that you've got to remember to contract/flex your fingers. just use what comes naturally.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!