Hey guys.

I want a avenged sevenfold tone and I have 1000 bucks.

What tube head would be right for me?

(P.S. please don't make this about whether A7X are good or not because this is an equipment thread.)
What cabinet do you have?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I want a tube head 1st and then I will get a cab to suit it... Once I know the ohms.... You know..
a Marshall JCM 2000,not doubt about it !
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Most heads will have plenty of outputs, for really any cab.
So what's your total budget? I know you have 1000 bucks for the head, but how much did you plan on spending on the cab?

Also, are you gigging?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by S.Y.N.
I want a tube head 1st and then I will get a cab to suit it... Once I know the ohms.... You know..

Almost any head in that price range is going to be able to work with a 4, 8 or 16 ohm cab.

You do realize you can't use the head without the cab right? Turning it on without one will damage the amp.

As far as an A7X tone, the last time I checked, they used Bogner Uberschalls and have also used Mesa Rectos. The Bogner is going to be out of your price range by a lot, I'd suggest taking a look at Mesa Rect-O-Verb and Trem-O-Verbs, as well as a Single Rectifier and older 2 channel Dual or Triple Rectifiers. You'll have to buy used obviously.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I plan to spend... Around 600 at most on a cab. I am gigging yes...

=D
i have a peavey triple xxx and i really like it...it has pretty good metal tone and with some adjusting you can get close to a syn gates sound... btw i just saw them live last weekend.. zacky v and gates both had 4 full and a half (3 cabs) marshall cabs on stage but they didnt appear to be mic'ed
they could have been dummy cabs.

and riffrocker1239, could you PM me your settings?

TS, look into some used Mesas', a Peavey 6505 with or without the +, or Marshall JCM's
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"