Hate it when the people who don't appreciate anything get everything coming their way?
Example, i'm desperate to get somewhere in guitar, i'm sitting here every night after school till 9 playing guitar, and my friend Miles just goes out and gets wasted every night. He plays too, but to no such level of dedication. I'm not bragging when i say i'm better than him, or have more potential, and it just happens that he's been asked to join this band that are already well established in our towns, and they already have multiple dates secured, and a radio session. It makes me sad that i spend my whole time trying to do my best and achieve, and he just gets everything for nothing, and doesn't even appreciate it.
Now we're always fighting, because he's spoilt and doesn't appreciate money, which is hard to come by for me.

Views?
I know what you mean. This doesn't really concern me, but still a relevant story-

My brother quit his job at a supermarket a few months ago. He's a hardworking person, he did well in his A-levels etc. A girl he knew who never bothered trying in school had a job in an office with better hours and pay than he had. She got fired from there for spending more time on Myspace than working.

My brother has been looking for another job since. Meanwhile, she walked into a better paying job as a receptionist.

It's totally unfair, but life's that way sometimes...
Yeah i agree to an extent cause whilst you're in practising he's out getting popular and therefore gaining decent connections.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Well it's no good sitting in your room every night after school, go look for a band before you whine. If they don't know you they won't pick you.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I got invited into my band and my friend with no band is probably better than me.

It's just luck of the draw, get used to it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
Yeah i agree to an extent cause whilst you're in practising he's out getting popular and therefore gaining decent connections.

Yea this.
How are people gonna notice you if you don't get your self out there. He's probebly out there telling everyone he meets he plays guitar therefore getting recognition.
Quote by Robbbbb
Hate it when the people who don't appreciate anything get everything coming their way?
Example, i'm desperate to get somewhere in guitar, i'm sitting here every night after school till 9 playing guitar, and my friend Miles just goes out and gets wasted every night. He plays too, but to no such level of dedication. I'm not bragging when i say i'm better than him, or have more potential, and it just happens that he's been asked to join this band that are already well established in our towns, and they already have multiple dates secured, and a radio session. It makes me sad that i spend my whole time trying to do my best and achieve, and he just gets everything for nothing, and doesn't even appreciate it.
Now we're always fighting, because he's spoilt and doesn't appreciate money, which is hard to come by for me.

Views?

He's not just getting wasted every night. He's going out and -meeting- people in the local area while he gets wasted with them every night. The key to getting in a band isn't necessarily to be more technically proficient at your instrument than your peers (though it helps), it's to get your name out there and meet the people in your local music scene. After all, how can you expect to be in their band if they don't even know you?
Quote by Floods_Solo
Yea this.
How are people gonna notice you if you don't get your self out there. He's probebly out there telling everyone he meets he plays guitar therefore getting recognition.

True.
Modesty gets you no appreciation.
It's also the reason most commericial musicians have no integrity.

If your really pissed off about it, don't talk, kick his ass!
It won't really help anything, but you'll get some primal rage out and you'll feel awesome.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I know what you mean. This doesn't really concern me, but still a relevant story-

My brother quit his job at a supermarket a few months ago. He's a hardworking person, he did well in his A-levels etc. A girl he knew who never bothered trying in school had a job in an office with better hours and pay than he had. She got fired from there for spending more time on Myspace than working.

My brother has been looking for another job since. Meanwhile, she walked into a better paying job as a receptionist.

She must give good head then.
Quote by Tom_hatton

Thats to do with the fact that the unachieving girl is likely to not be offered a better job elsewhere so she's going to stay there a good while. Your brother who has qualifications is more likely to be offered better jobs at some point so he's not likely to be a long term employee.
Quote by SmarterChild
She must give good head then.

Can't possibly be better than my brother...
I know the feeling completely. I see people every day who really don't deserve their success triumph while those who toil for what they can get pull the short straw.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
lifes a bitch.. but get ureself out there.. ure a bedroom guitarist, so not being seen.. hence no band.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by i am iron man
Thats to do with the fact that the unachieving girl is likely to not be offered a better job elsewhere so she's going to stay there a good while. Your brother who has qualifications is more likely to be offered better jobs at some point so he's not likely to be a long term employee.

This.
People forget about the long run.
I don't mean a couple of years, I mean your entire lifetime.
Things may be ****ty now, but things change.

TS, your "friend" will probably run into a karmic brick wall soon (I hate the whole "karma" concept, but it works here).
If he doesn't, **** it.
It's highly unlikely, but you shouldn't dwell on it or get frustrated with his stroke of luck.

Every dog has their day, remember that.
Of course, people are not dogs, so I'm just lost there.
Dead metaphors are dead.
i have a nice balance with social life and hardcore practising, im in 3 , 2 successful bands atm :p
/CENTER]
lifes a bitch,

and besides, theres this dude i know who spends all his time at home playing guitar till like 9 or some crazy **** and he gets pissed cause i get invited to a band because i like to party and have fun. he should get over it

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Eggomaniac!
He's not just getting wasted every night. He's going out and -meeting- people in the local area while he gets wasted with them every night.

This. Also, do you really know how much time between 'getting wasted' he actually practices? How do you know he's not coming home at night/getting up really early and burning up his fingertips?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play