Hey there,I recently celebrated my birthday so I got quite a lot of money,so I'm gonna buy a new amp I've been thinking about the Peavey Windsor 100 ($350) or a used Marshall JTM 60 combo ($400).
Obviously I'm lookin for that british tube sound,I play jazz/blues/classic-rock/hard-rock and some metal (I have the correct pedals for it).

I know the Windsor has little to no headroom,so jazz should be hard but I use my other marshall for cleans and switch between them by using a Morley ABY.

I'm leaning towards the Windsor,but I need to find a cab and I haven't heard any good things about Peavey Cabs...any suggestions?? my total budget (head + cab) = $600
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
you'd be able to play jazz on the windsor, just roll off the volume on your guitar, and roll the tone back to taste too. It actually cleans up quite nicely.

I think the marshall will excell though, as it as a much higher end amp. But the windsor's a great amp! I tried it and loved it, especially since it reminds me so much of a jcm 800 with it's design. It looks great too!

(don't put it through the peavey cab though, get an avatar cab instead, much much much better)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
but avatars are really expensive aren't they?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Their 112s are just a little over 200.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
can a 112 handle gigs and the head itself is 120 watts,can it handle that?
K,thx for the advice....I'l check out the avatars.
Any other suggestions?
Few days late, but all that I can say is that I love my Marshall JTM-60. I get some really nice cleans out of it, and I can get a bit more "crunch" out of it if needed. Sounds real nice with a TS/Fuzzface or similar OD pedals.
Pics please, daily pr0n is needed, kthxbai...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.