What's the verdict on the difference in hardware/construction/playability between the Squier Strats and Bullet? I'd be swapping out the electronics and pups, but I don't really want to screw around with the hardware that much (because it's boring). So of the available ones, which ones are useable? I only ask because I've never even seen a Bullet in person and never played an Affinity strat.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Affinitys are great for the price, in my opinion. Bullets aren't that great, but Affinitys have decent hardware, they'll last a while and play really good. A very good modding guitar aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
did you seriously say you were lookin to buy a squier or a bullet. save 200 then buy a cort kx5
How do they compare to Squier standard strats? Looking back I didn't really articulate that part of my question.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by nitromaniac
did you seriously say you were lookin to buy a squier or a bullet. save 200 then buy a cort kx5
I'm looking to buy a Squier strat-shape, yeah. It's not a money thing. Thanks though.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by drewsta42
How do they compare to Squier standard strats? Looking back I didn't really articulate that part of my question.

The Standards aren't too good, they're made of agathis I think. And they are pretty much on par with Bullets, I think. Which is bad. Again, I'd look for the Affinitys, they're made from alder which is nice.

Or a Classic Vibe/Vintage Modern Strat, if you can afford one, they are really good too.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Look for guitars that are made of decent wood and quality parts. The ones made of Agathis have a bad reputation from what I've heard. The Squier Vintage Modern I think is made of alder and has decent hardware on it, I've heard good things about that one.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Lil Macker
The Standards aren't too good, they're made of agathis I think. And they are pretty much on par with Bullets, I think. Which is bad. Again, I'd look for the Affinitys, they're made from alder which is nice.

Or a Classic Vibe/Vintage Modern Strat, if you can afford one, they are really good too.
Weird, alder on the cheaper one? Whatever. Thanks for the info, it sounds like the Affinity might be what I'm looking for. Anyone else is still free to chime in.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Pretty much all th squier range outside the bullets are good value for money, ive played an affinity tele that i loved more than most other guitars at the shop (more so than a mexican fender tele), if you find a good one, you can get a bargain.

The standard strats are a bit better than the bullets, better hardware and craftmanship, body wood is agathis, but at this price range there wont me much of a different between that and low grade alder.
Quote by beckyjc
The standard strats are a bit better than the bullets, better hardware and craftmanship, body wood is agathis, but at this price range there wont me much of a different between that and low grade alder.
How is the hardware/craftsmanship different between the Affinity and the Standard? I'm mostly interested in the tuners and trem... which, now that I think of it, is pretty much all the hardware
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band